Jeff Tiedrich
A
I wrote a thing: "we used to tax the shit out of the wealthy," and why that was a good thing. click to read, and please sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep getting all the good stuff. thanks—
11:13 AM - Apr 29, 2023 (Edited)
William Turner
A
In response to Jeff Tiedrich.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:46 PM - Jul 01, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
As America becomes more diverse, expect crises to worsen. The failure of the wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes IS genocide. We have a nation built on the false notion of trickledown; feeding the wealthy in hopes they’ll give us scraps, then handed them power to say people don’t need to eat.
01:51 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
Thanks to Ronald Reagan.
He was a terrible president.
09:47 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Capitalists for Shared Income
A
Hi Jeff -- we don't see this changing any time soon. That's why we set out to build a Sovereign Wealth Fund funded by the wealthy who are looking for a way to directly help those living in poverty. Give us a follow!
08:03 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Buffalodavid AKA Stargeezer
A
And it was, quite ironically, during a period in American history these dipsticks would like to return to.
If we lose the racism, sexism, and a few other things, I'm all for it.
04:21 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Roger Smith
A
I’m about five years older than you. One thing the higher tax margin did was incentivise companies to invest in themselves by expanding, buying new equipment, etc., because that cut their tax rate. Now all they do is stock buybacks. How about a $0.01 tax on every stock transaction?
03:26 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Mac McIntosh
A
In response to Roger Smith.
I'm actually old enough to remember that. The majority of Americans have no idea, seems like.
03:46 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Janice
A
In response to Roger Smith.
Exactly. @ThomHartmann has been talking about this consistently for at least two decades.
03:54 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Heather
A
Love reading your notes on Substack. Thank you.
12:15 PM - Apr 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}