Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
Fun fact..
The Bible is probably the most difficult & vague book one could ever endeavor to read or understand which is why the overwhelming majority who try to use it as a cudgel never read it themselves.. Well I have read the entire book of Genesis for AP English so I can speak on the subject..
04:21 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
I expect literature written a few thousand years ago to be "difficult and vague." But I also think the Bible has some great literature within it. The fact that it's been used to justify terrible things (though also great things) shouldn't stop us from appreciating what's good within it.
12:50 PM - May 01, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Dan Ehrenkrantz.
The Bible, like any written book of socially prescribed dogma, ought to be viewed within the context & the times it was written, in my opinion, bc in doing so society would be spared a tremendous amount of unnecessary hairsplitting & more over would better realize why the separation of powers exists
01:49 PM - May 02, 2023
Frances M.
B
Hmmmm well I’ve read it and my interpretation is..
Written by man, for man
Translated by man for man
Used by man for man.

The most manipulative book ever!
04:45 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Frances M..
Kudos on "man-ipulative.."I might need to borrow that line it's too good.. Also, I look at all organized religion as out of step for modern times, they were used as a means of "policing" folks before police existed thru mind man-ipulation & fear mongering & let's face it these tactics are relics now
04:49 PM - Apr 30, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
Oh I read it and had too many unanswered questions to continue to have "faith".
04:22 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
I'm sorry but I believe myself to be of above average intelligence & I admit to never feeling more lacking then I did trying to read & decipher what the words of the Bible actually mean it is vague, open to all sorts of interpretations & often contradicts itself in varying stories within the Bible.
04:29 PM - Apr 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}