Jack Weir
A
The biggest problem for this platform, exemplified by this poll.

Obviously data will skew based on the following of the original spouter. But I don't believe it's that far-off.

Would be interesting if Spoutible did an official poll.
07:14 AM - May 02, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Jack Weir.
Do you think this is that different from Twitter? I don't have any data, but it seems like most younger people spend more time on video & photo based apps like Tiktok and maybe instagram.
03:42 PM - May 02, 2023
Jack Weir
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I think it depends what your definition of ‘younger’ is. If we are talking under 25 year olds, yes that’s true.

Twitter seems to bridge very well across most age ranges. Imo, for Spoutible to reach it’s potential, it also has to appeal to older gen Z and millenials.
03:59 PM - May 02, 2023 (Edited)
Linda Eisenstein
A
I dunno. I love the youngs, but this isn't the only platform that skews older - FB does, too.
03:40 PM - May 02, 2023
Jack Weir
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
That’s true. But I don’t think you can compare what is meant to be a new, emerging platform to something like Facebook.

Facebook is from a different era.
03:53 PM - May 02, 2023
Graham Monamy
A
It's also down to individuals bringing their "connections" to the platform. I'm saying to all the people who ask about my photography... come to spoutible, you can see it all there, and bring all your friends, so Jack invite everyone!
12:40 PM - May 02, 2023
Jack Weir
A
In response to Graham Monamy.
Very true! Generally people who I have spoken to have the same views as I do, but say they’ll wait a little longer and take a look at it after it’s grown a larger user base.
12:58 PM - May 02, 2023
Andrew Brodie
A
My take, until the app drops and more non-political content, the demo will likely be more toward Gen x
12:08 PM - May 02, 2023
Jack Weir
A
In response to Andrew Brodie.
I think you are right, but I keep hearing this idea that we will see an influx of younger people when the app drops.

I’m not sure that will necessarily happen.

Let me ask you, would you welcome more younger users, or are you happy with it being mostly Gen X and older?
04:44 PM - May 02, 2023
Eleanor
A
The sample size is 158. 18,000+ answered the logo poll. This is a huge generalization to make from a very small sample. 🤷🏼‍♀️
07:25 AM - May 02, 2023
Jack Weir
A
In response to Eleanor.
You're right, it is very anecdotal. But I believe it's not far-off based on my own experience.
08:31 AM - May 02, 2023
Myles Higgins ?
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:24 AM - May 02, 2023
Jack Weir
A
In response to Myles Higgins ?.
Will be interesting to see!
08:32 AM - May 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}