Myron Clifton
A
thread 1/9
Thread -

I remember by mom finally freeing herself from my abusive father after years of horrific abuse and even after all that there were members of his family saying she should have stayed.

And when his life spiraled gutter into drugs they blamed her for that, too.
04:46 PM - May 03, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 2/9
There’s many lessons and one I’m thinking of is how my mom literally putting her life first upset her in-laws/family.

How her self preservation was an affront to so many.

And how her taking responsibility for her life meant to them her not taking responsibility for HIS life.
04:46 PM - May 03, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 3/9
I’m thinking of Meghan Markle getting an entire nation’s monarchy’s hatred directed at her via their paid shill in media and how that vile vitriol spread here so much that any positive post about her draws the ugliest most racist misogynistic garbage.

Her in-laws are doing this.
04:47 PM - May 03, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 4/9
And I’m thinking how republicans now want to go back to women needing their husband’s permission to divorce.

Permission to leave an abusive, cheating, drug addicted, man.

Or leaving a man simply because she wants to move on.

They really think they can go all the way backwards
04:47 PM - May 03, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 5/9
But it’s not new with republicans who got in a lather when Hillary dared say she’s not Tammy Wynette standing by her man when Bill’s cheating got exposed.

They twisted themselves to blame her for his Oval Office *fuking.
04:48 PM - May 03, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 6/9
They have laws saying they can marry 12 year old girls, who can’t have an abortion, and who need permission to divorce.

What is all that?

That is patriarchal power fighting against the inexorable movement into a future for and about actual freedom.

Not the faux-freedom of the US.
04:49 PM - May 03, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 7/9
It may seem a stretch by the issues my mom faced, the backlash of Hillary, the Meghan Markle hate industry, marrying 12 year old girls, and preventing all abortions, and divorce by permission only are each tragically linked .. and to our detriment.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 8/9
Because if these men are allowed to get their way in these and other terrifying and anti-woman ways, their next steps will be that more horrific.

My mom got out, after spending a month in hospital after the worst night of her life, and mine, and she never looked back.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 9/9
I hope US women and enough men can also get out and never look back.

And I hope it doesn’t take us collectively going through the worst night(s) of our American lives before we do.

End.
04:50 PM - May 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}