Simon Sands
A
An amazing new Tennessee lawmaker walks into the capitol wearing a dashiki and a combed out Afro. House GOP suggests he explore other careers, because he’s making them uncomfortable. Remember his name “Rep. Justin Pearson,” because he’s the real deal✊🏾
Per Mustafa Santiago Ali
01:18 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Sitara 68
A
In response to Simon Sands.
I hope he makes their pointy heads extremely uncomfortable. Rep. Greenville who was refused to enter the floor for not wearing a tie should be joining him. But, he criticizes because Rep. Pearson has more courage to challenge these norms than he did.
01:35 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Simon Sands
A
In response to Sitara 68.
Well said....
01:42 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
“What’s happening here is you have discriminatory practices and policies to help homogenize this community to look like a cis white older man — which is westernized European culture, which is in and of itself its own expression,” Pearson said.
01:23 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
“This dress is resistance. This afro is resistance. What we are doing here is subversive to the status quo, and I think that’s going to continue to make people uncomfortable,” said Pearson.
🔥🔥🔥
01:20 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Simon Sands
A
In response to Peace Zodanou.
I like all of these quotes from the article...I told ya it was a good read...LOL...
01:26 PM - Feb 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}