ItsMooooooooose
A
The other night I learned of the recent passing of the great Bruce Wandmayer. I could tell many stories about his kindness and generosity, but for now I'll tell just this one. Year after year, our family went to a little music festival called Woodflock, hosted by Antsy McClain.
12:03 AM - May 04, 2023
ItsMooooooooose
A
In response to ItsMooooooooose.
the horn section of this song (this from another show at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco) and tore the roof off the outdoor venue! Bruce was like a proud Papa! RIP Bruce, we're going to miss you terribly and I don't know how I'm going to tell my son.
12:06 AM - May 04, 2023
ItsMooooooooose
A
fancy, but that was his first solo and he was walking on air the rest of the weekend. I thanked Bruce afterward and he couldn't have been happier for my son. A few years later, as a high schooler in the jazz band, my son practiced with Bruce before the show and played during
12:05 AM - May 04, 2023
ItsMooooooooose
A
Bruce took my son aside while the band was playing and found out what he could do and coached him up a little bit. As a 7th grader, it wasn't a lot! Bruce had him play a bass line with his trombone until which time Antsy shouted, "It's time for a TROMBONE SOLO!!!" It wasn't
12:05 AM - May 04, 2023
ItsMooooooooose
A
and the Trailer Park Troubadours. Bruce played sax and dobro for the band on the West Coast. One year, my then 7th grade son brought his trombone and on Sunday night was goaded to the stage by the bandleader Antsy McClain and the 100 or so Flamingoheads who were attending.
12:04 AM - May 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}