Deb Bailey
A
“In Illinois, we don’t hide from the truth, we embrace it and lead with it,” the governor said when the bill was first presented. “Banning books is a devastating attempt to erase our history and the authentic stories of many.”

#libraries #bookbanning
12:41 PM - May 04, 2023
Running Bare
B
You know this problem is not going away until people recognize the root cause is christianity, right?

Don't believe me, try asking a few priests to "accurately" tell you about Americas history and how the bible was used to justify slavery.
In response to Deb Bailey.
12:49 PM - May 04, 2023
Whoa! ?
A
In response to Running Bare.
I don't know if this book is real without more research, but I have heard the premise before and largely agree. As an atheist myself, I find all religions to be a tool for the powerful to keep everyone else under their control. Religion is indeed a powerful tool.
01:38 PM - May 04, 2023
Running Bare
B
In response to Whoa! ?.
Very real, copies are available from book stores such as Amazon.
01:46 PM - May 04, 2023
Deb Bailey
A
In response to Running Bare.
IMO the motivation is power and greed. Everything else is a tool they've used to achieve that. Just like Moms for Liberty is astroturf to make something dangerous seem benign.
01:04 PM - May 04, 2023
Running Bare
B
In response to Deb Bailey.
And that's the reason its ignored, yes we agree its power and greed, howeber heres a question to ask yourselfs, who are the people they're appealing to? hint, its not atheist, MUslims.

When people say Hitler was pretending to be Christian who was he appealing to and rallying?
01:13 PM - May 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}