Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 1/6
If you lived in #NYC 3 years ago, do y’all remember banging pots & pans out your windows for the #HealthCareWorkers at 7:00pm every night? 🙏

For a brief point in time, before trump poisoned the covid well, even conservatives in the NY metro area took that shit seriously 👏
Suzanne JaaaNONYA @WWAmplifyingBW
It was very weird & surreal.

Northeast Jerz was like CLOSED at the very beginning (the first outbreak in Jersey was a couple towns away from me 😬)

People really took that shit seriously (here) at the beginning… especially in the city… constant ambulance sirens are a good reminder 🙏💔
08:03 AM - May 05, 2023
09:22 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 2/6
I remember this video vividly: Even folks in #StatenIsland the maga-est borough of all, SHOUTED and shamed some maskless woman out of the grocery store in the early #COVID days.

THAT’S HOW FCKIN SCARY the NY metro area was the first couple months 👏

Sirens ALL DAY & NIGHT in the city 💔🙏
09:30 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 3/6
So I guess this is my first real 🧵 on #Spoutible 👏

#COVID throwbacks so we make sure we #NeverForget 👏

Obvs Cuomo hit the political wall, but I’m THANKFUL the govs of NY/NJ/CT got together & adopted the same game plan, cause *everyone* knew the NY metro area was in this TOGETHER 👏
09:57 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 4/6
This is my favorite pic from the early #COVID days 🙏

This SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE VIBE, across all ages & political affiliations, but NOOOOO, trump decided to make it POLITICAL.

And the entire #GOP & #fox followed suit, which led to their illiterate masses exacerbating the disaster aka MORE DEATH 💔
10:04 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 5/6
I started tracking state-by-state #COVID data in March 2020 cause I knew trump #GOP #fox couldn’t be trusted 👏

I have receipts for miles, y’all.

I was tweeting at Florida & Texas “get vaxxed or GET DEAD” in mid June 2020, BEFORE #Delta hit them, cause I’m a MATH GEEK & saw it coming 👏
10:15 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 6/6
I’m such a geek that I started incorporating @charlesgaba state by state vax rates into my #COVID spreadsheets, which made it easy to calculate the fact that 67% of the deaths from the #Delta wave were from #Florida #Texas and the 20 lowest vaxxed states 👏

Don’t fck with math geeks #IJS 👏
11:07 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Mark Sienko.
Dude… this is all I wanted to see. Compassion, community, empathy, gratitude.

I get that it wasn’t “as scary” in the beginning for most of the country as it was in the NY metro area (and other hot spots like Detroit), but so much was unknown right at the beginning.

It was fckin terrifying 💔
10:45 AM - May 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}