Litsa Dremousis
A
In the last few months, a number of close friends have told me how terrified their kids are of mass shootings.

In my family, my 12 year-old nephew now gets nervous anytime he sees a man carrying a duffle bag or wearing a long coat.

At the barest minimum, our kids deserve safety & peace of mind.
05:00 PM - May 07, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Litsa Dremousis.
It isn't just kids. I wake up most nights drenched in sweat after a very intense recurring dream about being in the frozen foods isle at Walmart when the shooting starts. I have it more nights than not. If it's having that effect on a jaded cynic like me, I fear to even know how it's affecting kids.
07:02 PM - May 11, 2023
Litsa Dremousis
A
In response to Matt Egan he/him/his.
Oh, man. That's brutal. But, also, understandable. Which is tragic. Wishing you all the best.
10:04 PM - May 12, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
The Republicans' goal is to have a very fearful population who will readily accept an autocrat leader or even seek one out who promises to get rid of the chaos. Children are the blueprint. If they grow up afraid they will conform to demands of employer and be unable to be entrepreneurs themselves.
06:51 PM - May 10, 2023
Vanessa White
B
Yeah, the Republicans DGAF. And until something happens to send them back under their rocks, this is just how life is going to be 😣
10:47 AM - May 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}