Sassy Musing
A
US Federal Government employees filed suit claiming that the 1917 debt limit law violates the U.S. Constitution's separation of powers because it forces the president in the event of a default to cut spending already authorized by Congress.
12:52 AM - May 09, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
I watched Professor Lawrence Tribe, the Harvard Scholar on Constitutional law, who advised 3 or 4 Democratic POTUS's & who changed his mind this year about whether or not Biden, as POTUS, has a Constitutional right under the 14th A to simply raise the debt ceiling himself & let Treasury to pay debt.
01:13 AM - May 09, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
Professor Tribe now contends that as POTUS, Biden, actually has the Constitutional duties to "uphold the laws of the land.." which includes the 14th Amendment that the Nat'l debt shall not be questioned essentially meaning he if CONGRESS FAILS TO RAISE THE DEBT CEILING BIDEN MUST under the 14th A..
01:16 AM - May 09, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
Its nice to see sane people finally playing Constitutional hardball too.
01:01 AM - May 09, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Right? I really like it, and (in my humble opinion) this is a decent argument. It'll be interesting to see what a Judge does. I particularly want to watch to see if an injunction is issued to stop a default from happening during the pendency of the case.
01:32 AM - May 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}