Brendan Koerner
A
Okay, need some parenting advice from my fellow spouters: Any recs on TV shows to watch with my 10-year-old daughter? We've done all the "Star Wars" & Marvel series, and we recently loved "Secrets of Sulphur Springs." She's thinking "Death Note" next, but I'm worried it'll be a bit beyond her. Help?
12:05 PM - May 09, 2023
Paulette Hawkins
A
In response to Brendan Koerner.
I may not be the best person to ask, but I let my 8 yr old watch Alien back in the day. She is now a forensics professional with expertise in blood spatter, fingerprint and ballistics.
😳🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
12:34 PM - May 09, 2023 (Edited)
Brendan Koerner
A
One of my favorite movies! But not sure my daughter's quite ready for the chest bursters—she still gets freaked out by spiders in the shower!
In response to Paulette Hawkins.
12:45 PM - May 09, 2023
Paulette Hawkins
A
In response to Brendan Koerner.
Then may I suggest Anne of Green Gables? All 3 of my daughters loved both the TV series & the books. So much so that they all held to their pledge that when they grew up & got married their future spouses MUST also agree to watch the entire series. The husbands all did.
01:03 PM - May 09, 2023
Brendan Koerner
A
In response to Paulette Hawkins.
Hey, yes, she watched (and enjoyed) the Netflix version that came out a few years back ("Anne with an E"). Feel like her tastes are now leaning more toward sci-fi/thriller. She's amped for the new Ahsoka series coming to Disney+ in August.
01:43 PM - May 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}