Paula Beard
B
thread 1/3
The little dictator in Florida has really done it now. All the farmers have crops rotting in the fields and orchards due to the new Felony law if you associate or employ any undocumented person. Farmers depend on migrant workers to harvest their crops. The outcry from these folks is getting a lot of
01:51 PM - May 11, 2023
Paula Beard
B
thread 2/3
2} attention. Irony is that most of them probably voted for him.
01:52 PM - May 11, 2023
Paula Beard
B
thread 3/3
It’s the farmers themselves that voted for him.
11:34 PM - May 11, 2023
Iz Here
A
In response to Paula Beard.
I've been saying for years: The greatest effect of the #GOP campaign of hate will be severe economic downturns in the states they control. Good fucking luck to #Florida 's economy after #RondaSantis & his State House #Republican fellators destroy #FL 's agriculture & batter its tourism industry.
08:46 PM - May 11, 2023
Paula Beard
B
In response to Iz Here.
Not to mention the teachers leaving the state, trans youth families fleeing, loss of incoming college students, loss of undocumented workers that contribute plenty to the economy.
11:39 PM - May 11, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
I’ve always said that without migrants, who’s going to do the job that a majority of Americans think are “beneath them”?

Most White folk ain’t going to be housekeepers, dish washers, farm labor, fry cooks, slaughterhouse, etc., and so on.
08:35 PM - May 11, 2023
Pia Payne-Shannon
A
I would hope that undocumented workers did not vote for DeSatan. I do believe that most of the Spanish speakers who identify as White voted overwhelmingly for Republicans. It is their vote that has forced undocumented workers to take this position. I don’t blame them.
03:09 PM - May 11, 2023
brash
A
In response to Pia Payne-Shannon.
Florida should vote Blue. Blue State.
05:44 PM - May 11, 2023
Paula Beard
B
thread 1/3
It’s the farmers themselves that voted for him.
11:34 PM - May 11, 2023
Dena
A
I agree that the majority voted for that waste of a human. I live in a rural part of N. FL and it will be interesting to see if the watermelons will get picked soon!
02:11 PM - May 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}