Annie Bee Good
A
thread 1/3
Can we talk about the Shame Propaganda surrounding social assistance programs aka welfare?
In addition to the folks who will never be taxpayers because of disability or age, taxpayers are taught to be ashamed of accessing social assistance. They are taught to take pride in refusing "welfare."
10:59 AM - May 12, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
thread 2/3
Say it with me:
I WILL NOT BE ASHAMED TO USE TAX DOLLARS THAT DIRECTLY BENEFIT ME.
11:03 AM - May 12, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
thread 3/3
It is certainly my preference & desire to not be in a position to require social assistance, but as a taxpayer I'm very happy to help those more vulnerable than me, but also will be happy to help myself should I become vulnerable.
11:03 AM - May 12, 2023
Ken Gibson
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
I've always been glad to see my tax dollars help my fellow humans.

We should much rather help our people over bombing some village in a country most people couldn't point to on a globe.
11:45 AM - May 12, 2023
Marie Jamison
A
There are college kids that utilize this aid & of course, low-wage working Americans. If we don't take care of our most vulnerable citizens we lack decency. Red states reap most of these benefits but gaslight us using a black face as the poster child for welfare. Do better America. Stop the hate.
11:25 AM - May 12, 2023
Chas Johnson
A
Damn right!! The only reason I didn't lose my house when I had brain cancer in 2014 is SSDI. You better believe I'm not ashamed of being able to live even though I'm disabled now!
11:21 AM - May 12, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Chas Johnson.
A very close friend's husband died at 47 of liver cancer, leaving her & 2 little ones behind. Why? Because his company closed after the bubble burst in 2008. He looked for 2 years & couldn't find work & put off medical care because he lost his ins along with his job.
11:27 AM - May 12, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}