Denise Oliver-Velez
A
#BlackHistory #BlackMusicSunday
Black Music (Super Bowl) Sunday: Prince was awesome in the rain, but don't forget these Black bands

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/2/12/2151338/-Black-Music-Super-Bowl-Sunday-Prince-was-awesome...
09:03 AM - Feb 12, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to Denise Oliver-Velez.
Ms. Denise, as has so very often been the case over the years, your DailyKos Sunday Music post has brought me to tears & goosebumps, and provided so much knowledge & awareness. I'm so glad FAMU Rattlers were included as they were my 1st serious intro to HBCU excellence in the early 70s at FSU. TY
12:04 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Rebecca
A
Prince will forever be part of the "soundtrack" of my life. He was a genius! I was fortunate to see him three times in concert. Forever my "Beautiful One". ???? Excellent post, as always!
09:24 AM - Feb 12, 2023 (Edited)
Chief White House Ice Cream Correspondent
A
In response to Rebecca.
Cosign on Prince being the halftime GOAT.
12:50 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Mask Wearing Amy
A
In response to Rebecca.
I liked Prince just fine, especially Purple Rain, and that was that.

Then, after his passing, when his friend Van Jones reported that Prince had PERSONALLY taken care of Trayvon Martin's family financially during the entire trial of their son's murderer, I freaking LOVED Prince!
07:08 PM - Feb 17, 2023
Luke Fouquier
A
TIL that the Waynes family is responsible for the modern super bowl halftime show. In Living Color did a halftime special on Fox and reduced abc's 2nd half ratings.
09:06 AM - Feb 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}