Mary OContrary
A
thread 1/2
You can't put toothpaste back in the tube.

You can't erase progress made on black rights.

You can't erase progress made on LGBTQ rights.

You can't erase progress made on women's rights.

Past generations fought, and some gave their lives for these rights. Now, its up to us to preserve them.
05:21 PM - May 15, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
thread 2/2
They are undeniably doing all they can to roll back rights. But they are also facing heavy resistance and the fight isn't over. I strongly believe 2024 will make or break many their attempts and that few of their efforts will survive the longevity test. Just like those before us, we can't let up.
06:20 PM - May 15, 2023
Lynn Dewees
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
The GOP NEVER gives up. Things we thought were settled in the 70s are back today because liberals think they can rest while the radical right NEVER rests
10:15 AM - May 16, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Lynn Dewees.
Precisely. We can never rest. The GOP has reawakened a giant, and our voices will be heard in 2024. This won't be a vote about economic philosophy. This will be a vote about abortion rights, LGBTQ rights, and gun reform, and a vote against white supremacy and authoritarianism.
10:28 AM - May 16, 2023
Amy Wolf
A
You sure ? There was a vicious gay bashing a few miles from me in liberal Seattle this weekend. Rights are being rolled back . The right to walk down the street in peace is one of them
12:02 AM - May 16, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Amy Wolf.
The unfortunate truth is attacks on anyone "different" have been happening for decades - either out in the open or in secret - and have never stopped. I don't know that they will ever stop because sadly, just like toothpaste can't be put back into a tube, neither can white supremacy or homophobia.
12:16 AM - May 16, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
People who fought before will be fighting again.
11:48 PM - May 15, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
Yep. Its exhausting, but its absolutely necessary.
12:18 AM - May 16, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
"Can't" is the wrong word because I'm seeing rights being rolled back daily. "Shouldn't" is a better word. Or maybe "Can't let them".
05:25 PM - May 15, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
thread 1/2
They are undeniably doing all they can to roll back rights. But they are also facing heavy resistance and the fight isn't over. I strongly believe 2024 will make or break many their attempts and that few of their efforts will survive the longevity test. Just like those before us, we can't let up.
06:20 PM - May 15, 2023
Fiona Mary
A
Sitting here nodding my head in agreement.
05:23 PM - May 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}