Mary OContrary
A
thread 1/2
You can't put toothpaste back in the tube.

You can't erase progress made on black rights.

You can't erase progress made on LGBTQ rights.

You can't erase progress made on women's rights.

Past generations fought, and some gave their lives for these rights. Now, its up to us to preserve them.
05:21 PM - May 15, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
thread 2/2
They are undeniably doing all they can to roll back rights. But they are also facing heavy resistance and the fight isn't over. I strongly believe 2024 will make or break many their attempts and that few of their efforts will survive the longevity test. Just like those before us, we can't let up.
06:20 PM - May 15, 2023
Amy Wolf
A
You sure ? There was a vicious gay bashing a few miles from me in liberal Seattle this weekend. Rights are being rolled back . The right to walk down the street in peace is one of them
In response to Mary OContrary.
12:02 AM - May 16, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Amy Wolf.
The unfortunate truth is attacks on anyone "different" have been happening for decades - either out in the open or in secret - and have never stopped. I don't know that they will ever stop because sadly, just like toothpaste can't be put back into a tube, neither can white supremacy or homophobia.
12:16 AM - May 16, 2023
Amy Wolf
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
If you haven’t been reading statistics, they increased dramatically under trump and are increasing with the ramped up Christofascist smear campaigns agains Jews, gays , trans people, Asians. “Oh well, can’t stop it” is not an acceptable response to that .
12:27 AM - May 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}