Gwydion Suilebhan
A
thread 1/3
Is it me, or does traction seem to be slipping a bit here?
10:40 PM - May 15, 2023
Gwydion Suilebhan
A
thread 2/3
While I loathe the toxicity of the bird site, it seemed easier there to find enough people with whom I had interests in common to sustain conversation. Here, it's less easy.
10:45 PM - May 15, 2023
Gwydion Suilebhan
A
thread 3/3
Also, I want it to be easier to find writers.
10:53 PM - May 15, 2023
Brandon Moore
A
In response to Gwydion Suilebhan.
I think it's trickier to see the conversations here. Early Tweetdeck showed interactions - even with people you weren't following. That led to new follows, more interactions, and so forth. I think it's easier to engage when you see interaction already happening.
07:43 AM - May 16, 2023
Gwydion Suilebhan
A
In response to Brandon Moore.
I think that's right. Something about this platform, which overall I enjoy, makes interaction less visible.
09:14 AM - May 16, 2023
Jeff Mistina 🐻
A
I get that the sense that the new user curve has flattened a bit. Obviously, I have no numbers.

The app is critical to drive the next new user wave as many simply won’t put up with a browser. I think Spoutible will then need to wrestle with an optional algo for discovery…
11:10 PM - May 15, 2023
Pamela
A
Seems like there’s still lots of engagement. It does require a little work though.
I’m
10:50 PM - May 15, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to Pamela.
Wow, I fell asleep in the middle of my own sentence. I was going to say that due to work, I’m on Spoutible a bit less. Good night for real
10:53 PM - May 15, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
It depends on what you spout about. Our art form gets mostly crickets. Politics gets more engagement, as do photos. Some hijinks get more attention. And time of day matters. I just ran across this in an "explore" not in my timeline.
10:46 PM - May 15, 2023
Gwydion Suilebhan
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
I'm a bit weary of politics, even though I rage about it a-plenty elsewhere. I want the sense I used to have with Twitter: that whenever I logged on, I was walking into a party with really thoughtful people.
10:48 PM - May 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}