Miriam
A
thread 1/1
I have an issue, I follow too many people. My timeline is so quick and full of echoes I miss out on shenanigans and conversations so it's hard to engage. What do I do? #Help
03:28 PM - May 17, 2023
Mark Kubert, DC
A
In response to Miriam.
Curate your account to be whatever is best for you.

I’ve been extremely limited with who I follow. But I’m also very engaged with many of them. And it’s not that I don’t like other accounts, but I’m only adding with what I can keep up with, and what is still fun for me :)
12:31 PM - May 18, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to Mark Kubert, DC.
Thank you, sound advice. I'm already following too many though & feel bad unfollowing 😅
12:44 PM - May 18, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Miriam.
As @drfire suggested, I go to individual accounts to see what they’ve been up to.
I find quote spouts (rather than simple replies) make it difficult to follow a thread: I keep clicking deeper and deeper.
I could abandon the mission but I like to get to the origin of a thread, even for nonsense.
11:17 AM - May 18, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
In response to Miriam.
If you are missing spouts, maybe go to profile page of known shenaniganers to catch up?

I do that
11:15 AM - May 18, 2023
David 1914
A
In response to Miriam.
If you follow any news bots remove them or move them to a secondary account. If someone you follow doesn’t engage with your spouts and only echoes unfollow them.

Also go to the pages of your favorite follows to see their recent spouts.
04:10 PM - May 17, 2023
The Rodent
A
In response to Miriam.
I feel the same way. It would be nice if all the echoes got smooshed into one, or something? I'm sure the techies are on top of this issue.
03:54 PM - May 17, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to The Rodent.
Yes, they always come through
04:06 PM - May 17, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
In response to Miriam.
This is why I'm particular about who I follow. I unfollow people who only echo. I'd instead follow the people they're echoing than them.

When the app comes and more people join, I may be open to following more.
03:36 PM - May 17, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
In response to Miriam.
I say wait for Spoutible to implement a lists feature, so you can organize people you follow by topic. 🙂
03:33 PM - May 17, 2023
Gino Gangai
A
In response to Miriam.
Same....I miss out on a lot of people's Spouts, some I haven't seen in weeks. I try to keep scrolling through the timeline but at some point it just doesn't feel like I'm seeing anything new so I refresh and I'm back to square one of seeing the same people again.
03:31 PM - May 17, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to Gino Gangai.
Yes it's frustrating, I feel like I'm missing out on so much. Perhaps a tab for spouts timeline and a separate one for echos but I don't know how that would work
03:33 PM - May 17, 2023
Roger Bell
A
In response to Miriam.
Same here. I don’t know the answer.
03:30 PM - May 17, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to Roger Bell.
I'm thinking maybe a second account
03:31 PM - May 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}