Mary OContrary
A
thread 1/2
Remember when I warned last month about Congressmen who ran as Dems, won, and then afterward changed their party affiliation to Republican?

Tricia Cotham was one of them. She ran on a PRO-abortion platform and won, then changed her position to anti-abortion.

She was the deciding vote in NC!
Mary OContrary @MaryInCognito
4/5/23- NC Rep Tricia Cotham (D) announces a party switch to R

3/17/23- LA Rep Francis Thomas (D) announces party switch to R

12/9/22- AZ Rep Kristen Sinema (D) announces party switch to Independent

12/1/22- WV Rep Glenn Jeffries (D) announces party switch to R
09:58 PM - Apr 06, 2023
11:52 AM - May 18, 2023 (Edited)
Mary OContrary
A
thread 2/2
This is outright FRAUD against her constituents. Her district needs to demand a recall.
11:57 AM - May 18, 2023
Barry Shapiro
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Politicians who pull this should be forced to resign then run again.
03:57 PM - May 20, 2023
Beth D
A
The law needs to change. These people were elected as democrats. No elected official should be able to change their party affiliation till after their term is completed or they should resign!
03:52 PM - May 20, 2023
ThoughtRCrunchy
A
How did NOBODY know when they were campaigning? Does the DNC not do background checks and deep research on every candidate? Do the press not do background checks and deep research on every candidate?
03:46 PM - May 20, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to ThoughtRCrunchy.
All really great questions. The same questions could apply to George Santos in NY. Good investigative journalism seems to be dying as more and more local newsrooms close or cut back. Its apparently up to the voters, now.
03:51 PM - May 20, 2023
K Ray
A
Everyone needs to watch of "stealth candidates" that will switch from D to R following their election. It's especially critical for states that do not allow for recall elections. (Only 19 do). State Dem party needs to vet candidates, but citizens need to do the same. Do oppositional research, ppl!
03:22 PM - May 20, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to K Ray.
100%!
03:23 PM - May 20, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
In response to K Ray.
Deception is their moral code.
07:37 PM - May 20, 2023
Sylvia
A
Boy was she ever! What a mess. I remember NC back in the days of Gov Jim Hunt. We were very progressive and he was pro education. Oh for those days again. His daughter is running for Lt Gov. I’m all in to support her and all dems. Thing is we’re so gerrymandered. Thus repub super majority.
02:41 PM - May 20, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Sylvia.
The gerrymandering is a real issue. A part of me hopes the new NC abortion restrictions will anger and wake enough people up to switch their votes to Dems in 2024 and override the challenges posed by gerrymandering. But I am realistic enough to know that is a long shot.
02:45 PM - May 20, 2023
Iz Here
A
State #Dem Party leaders need to get off their fat lazy asses & VET THEIR CANDIDATES. NY State Dem leaders handed the US House majority to #GOP through a disastrous combination of abject laziness & utter incompetence. We need to scrutinize state Party leadership & end their untouchable status.
01:18 PM - May 20, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
This is fraud. She should be sued by the people of her District. She lied to get a seat, won, and set her deceptive plan in motion. The people in the District would've never voted for her based on the new stances she pulled out of her ass. They need to call a lawyer.
01:03 PM - May 20, 2023
Marlie (Confidential)
B
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Might as well sue the entire GOP cause it sure looks like that is their game plan now.
01:16 PM - May 20, 2023
Michael Baker
A
Just amazing what’s going on. And someone like Santos. Put up a false profile, receive plenty of dark money, get elected, change parties if necessary. The GQP will stop at nothing - absolutely nothing - to destroy Democracy and consolidate power. Dirty tricks on the table.
12:27 PM - May 20, 2023
Pamela
A
The aide’s explanation makes ZERO sense.
12:20 PM - May 20, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Pamela.
What the aide is really saying is, someone with deep pockets on the other side offered her more money.

The question is, who? Who is contributing to her campaign fund?
01:15 PM - May 20, 2023
Panama Red
A
Cotham had to get a payoff. The GOP is planning to redraw U.S. House districts in NC to pick up another seat. My guess is that they intend to draw Cotham into a safe R district and keep anyone else in the party from seeking the nomination.
10:12 AM - May 19, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
Don't support candidates funded by Republican friendly donors. I'm sorry but we need to vet, y'all can all it a purity test if you want to but blue no matter who does not work.
09:14 PM - May 18, 2023
April ZinniaHouse
A
That's a really dirty trick. Not the first time. Not the last. Voters need to pay attention.
08:46 PM - May 18, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
Should be treated as fraud
08:23 PM - May 18, 2023
Lauren Ingall
A
Where is the integrity? How can we adequately vet any candidate? How is party switching legal? NC is not the place for my kids.
08:15 PM - May 18, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
In response to Lauren Ingall.
Check their donors, the more they get funded by people who also fund Republicans, the more suspect they are.
09:15 PM - May 18, 2023
Rob E
A
I remember your spout about this. They should be recalled and removed from office. SMH
08:10 PM - May 18, 2023
Panama Red
A
In response to Rob E.
You can't recall legislators in N.C. More's the pity.
10:09 AM - May 19, 2023
Marie Guenther
A
Disgusting. There should be recalls for people who do that.
11:59 AM - May 18, 2023
ann heffner
A
we really need to learn to vet our candidates more completely and quit just accepting "any blue, no matter who" First make sure they aren't bright red and just wearing a blue shirt.
11:58 AM - May 18, 2023
AR McGee
A
Beware of snakes in kitten hats.
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
Technically, are candidates allowed to do this? Ultimately, in my opinion they are lying to their constituents. 💜♾️
Dianne
A
In response to Miss Lil' Bit Angie.
You mean like George Santos? That level of legendary lying and he's still in office.
08:21 PM - May 18, 2023
Panama Red
A
In response to Miss Lil' Bit Angie.
It's morally and ethically reprehensible. But it's legal.
10:10 AM - May 19, 2023
Susie Doty
A
People that do that are slimy traitors, in my book.
11:56 AM - May 18, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
thread 1/2
This is outright FRAUD against her constituents. Her district needs to demand a recall.
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}