Sigilmancy
A
thread 1/7
I love my house mates but...living here is exhausting. The only one capable of doing things basically has the attitude that he works a full-time job and is the main breadwinner in the house so he should never have to do anything else ever around here. This includes things like figuring out how to -
04:16 AM - May 20, 2023
Sigilmancy
A
thread 2/7
haul away our old dishwasher after the install guys refused to do it. We've had a dishwasher sitting in our front lawn for like 3 weeks because when we called the garbage company for a special 'large item' collection they wanted to charge $200 for it. He finally today rented a truck and spent -
04:18 AM - May 20, 2023
Sigilmancy
A
thread 3/7
several hours driving around trying to find a place to dump it. Getting the new dishwasher? Years. 8+ years of the old one being broken, and it took me getting frustrated and driving my other house mate to the store to get it because he couldn't be bothered. And my other house mate is fantastic -
04:19 AM - May 20, 2023
Sigilmancy
A
thread 4/7
but like me she's neurodivergent and needs so much help. So I constantly have to interrupt what I'm doing to remind her to do things, to help her do things, whatever. It feels like having a kid I didn't sign up for. I appreciate all they've done for me, I know I'd be homeless without them these -
04:21 AM - May 20, 2023
Sigilmancy
A
thread 5/7
past few years. I cannot thank them enough for letting me stay here like they have. But it just feels so stifling, like I can't do anything. I was talking to a friend earlier about my trip at the end of the month and the hope that this sort of 'soft move in' will work, because I think -
04:26 AM - May 20, 2023
Sigilmancy
A
thread 6/7
I'll be happier there. I think getting a change of things, having more freedom for cooking and cleaning [one house mate is a germaphobe, which is....annoying] and more space for my things, and I don't feel like a burden when I ask for a space to put my craft stuff or my books that have been stuck -
04:28 AM - May 20, 2023
Sigilmancy
A
thread 7/7
in totes under my bed for 3 1/2 years. When I want to cook meat [house mates are vegetarian], when I want to just....do normal everyday things that I feel like I can't here. So here's hoping....10 days until I go, and we'll take it by ear from there.
04:29 AM - May 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}