Sean McRoberts
A
Erin Reed has, for years, provided outstanding tracking and analysis of anti-trans laws and bills in the US. It hurts to see my own state (Iowa) in the "Worst" category. And even knowing what is happening this year, startling to see a state listed "Do Not Travel"
09:37 AM - May 20, 2023
Deb Montague
A
In response to Sean McRoberts.
I'm at the age of retirement. For decades, I envisioned returning to Iowa to retire. I can't. Iowa was first in a lot of progressive things, but now is a steaming cesspool of hate. I see it in my family. "It's so sad" doesn't cover the despair many of us have.
11:00 AM - May 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
Please find a place you can afford that is in alignment with who you are!
In response to Deb Montague.
11:42 AM - May 20, 2023
Deb Montague
A
In response to James A Clark Jr.
I have lived for 40 years in the Chicagoland area. It's funny how Iowa is still "home" to me after all these years. Illinois has its share of problems and it's expensive here, but it's where I'm going to stay, for now. Just had this conversation with my daughter. Where do I go if this is too $$$?
11:53 AM - May 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
In response to Deb Montague.
Where your money will last the best and the place where you feel more at ease. I understand. I love Chicago myself but unless I was a millionaire, visiting would be my only option..
11:57 AM - May 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}