Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
thread 1/5
I don't want to hear that doing the work is a lot to ask of those considered society's default. Who many in the US consider to be "Real Americans"

Asking a lot? Try navigating the societal structures that White folks built and benefit from to this day.
09:31 PM - May 20, 2023 (Edited)
A
thread 2/5
The United States of America was built on the land of my Indigenous compatriots and on the backs of my Black ones. Y'all benefited from colonizing and subjugating a number of peoples… including mine.
09:45 PM - May 20, 2023
A
thread 3/5
Asking too much? We're not asking for you to atone for your ancestors, but it's also up to White people to break those structures down. To break down the barriers and truly ensure an even playing field.

One where the American Dream that was sold to this immigrant's kid wasn't, in part, a lie.
09:49 PM - May 20, 2023 (Edited)
A
thread 4/5
Too many of y'all are too afraid to pass the mic, much less yield an inkling of societal power. Too many of y'all are too bent on being "correct" to even listen to us. As Liz said to me the other day some of you will refuse to put the shoes on, much less walk a mile in them.
09:54 PM - May 20, 2023
A
thread 5/5
Was this just another call for more subordination and subjugation, however subtly? *Coalesce* behind the minoritized. And sit with your discomfort when the mirror is presented to you. And when you hear our truths.

Prove Col. Jessup wrong.
09:55 PM - May 20, 2023
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:01 AM - May 21, 2023
A
In response to Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement.
Yep. Done w/ our blood, sweat & tears. Taken for granted.

And all too eager to use us for cheap labor and take all the credit. All too eager to act the part of our saviors only to use us and dispose of us without a thought.
08:06 AM - May 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}