Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
The NAACP has issued a travel advisory urging people not to travel to FL. A few LGBTQ+ groups and Latino Advocacy organizations have issued similar warnings.

This might be the start of FL Repubs realizing being fckheads have consequences.
03:02 AM - May 21, 2023
Jessica (she/her)
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
I hope you're right. I am afraid for people who can't leave the state, and terrified that people outside of Florida think that this threat can't metastasize.
05:53 AM - May 21, 2023
A
In response to Jessica (she/her).
I know. I have empathy for ppl who aren’t able to leave, and not sure how to support them other than donate to organizations who are helping them and to support democratic efforts/candidates. It’s difficult. Sadly, this is definitely a Repub strategy that will play out in states they control.
04:55 PM - May 21, 2023
Nana of the Shire
A
Being white I don’t have much reason to fear for myself but I am repelled by the spreading of blatant hatred down there. My daughter and grandsons considered Disney for vacation but ended up at a SC beach instead. All thinking people should avoid Florida like the plague of hate it is.
03:15 AM - May 21, 2023
A
In response to Nana of the Shire.
I heard on the news some Black-owned businesses were concerned about the NAACP issuing this advisory since a big part of their revenue comes from tourists.

I empathize with them, but I still wouldn't go to FL. I never liked FL even before DeSantis/Repubs oppressed it.
03:25 AM - May 21, 2023
E Z
A
Action >> Reaction
03:12 AM - May 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}