Dr. Kate
A
QUESTION ON SUPER BOWL:
How long should we wait to unfollow people who don’t follow us back? Reciprocation penalty anyone? 3 days, 4 days, 1 week? Be honest.
05:32 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Ike K
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
On this platform, given that there’s much activity of that sort right now, I’d give it a week or so.
03:50 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Ede Chris
B
In response to Dr. Kate.
1st, thank YOU for the follow! I followed back immediately. I’m teary-eyed 2B here since yesterday! lol
I was invited/listed & wasn’t ready 2B silent on Twitter nor give up my seat!
The serenity here, refreshes my spirit so I CAN return & slay the GQP dragon of hate!

Follow as led & comfortabl
03:01 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Dr. Kate
A
In response to Ede Chris.
We are all like the people screaming for months and years about the abusive bird noise over there only to be overwhelmed by the peace and tranquillity of spoutible. Now, we are pinching ourselves because we can’t believe it.
03:26 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Jason C Daniels
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Whatever works for you is good.

I only follow folks whose spouts and echoes I want to see more of. I'm always flattered if they follow back. But I also know I'm not everyone's cup of tea. So, I keep following regardless if they follow me back.
02:43 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Dr. Kate
A
In response to Jason C Daniels.
It’ll be nice if they all follow back and create one large community right in your phone. We don’t have have to go to an arena to meet everyone.
03:30 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Betty Scarpino
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
I follow people because I want to. I expect the same -- only follow me if you really want to engage.
07:02 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Kevin Gangel
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Complicated question for me. As a straight, white, cisgendered, heterosexual male committed to diversity, I’m gonna follow less white people and more BIPOC folk, more lgbtq+ folx, transgender voices, indigenous people, etc. if my feed is filled with their spouts it’s easier for me to boost them.
06:09 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Yelp. I usually look for reciprocation from most, unless it's say Oprah/Potus types. And, w/Spoutible's initial hiccups, I figure some may have functionality issue so I'm thinking 30 days. Yet as w/twitter, some like to collect and not follow back for sure. I can already see it.
05:43 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Happy4uu&u
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Lol, I was just ruminating about this. We follow to engage and banter. Perhaps folks are still learning the platform.

I better hurry over and hit that follow button. Oh, wait, you are not following me. Nothing to see here -:)

Enjoy Spoutible and the Super Bowl. Cheers!
05:42 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Dr. Kate
A
In response to Happy4uu&u.
I know I’m following you my brother. There’s no way I’m not following you. I gotta live by example.
08:53 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Participation Trophy Wife
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Is it "mandatory" to follow back every person who follows? I don't feel it is. I look at their profile and their "spouts" then decide if they offer a new/different perspective, whether or not to follow back.
05:40 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Dr. Kate
A
In response to Participation Trophy Wife.
I think in this beginning stage of spoutible, we need to support one another to enhance growth.
08:57 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Considering that all new followers don’t show up in notifications and some may be missed, I think it’s unfair to answer right now. Once that’s fixed, as long as Spoutible doesn’t do follow restrictions after a certain number is reached, I personally would wait three weeks.
05:39 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Emily Sugarloaf
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Idk. I noticed today that I'm somehow following ab 50 that didn't follow back. Think some unfollowed. But it's so time-consuming to have to click & wait for it to load every account to see if they follow or not. I may unfollow some if I ever find a way to see who isn't following back.
05:38 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Ken H
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
My question is how would you figure that out short of checking every profile you’ve followed? Otherwise it doesn’t tell you…
05:38 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Dr. Kate
A
In response to Ken H.
I think it’s easy to check profile now that it’s not in the thousands.
09:10 PM - Feb 12, 2023
CrankyInCLE (Susan)
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Penalty? WTH. ????
05:37 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Dr. Kate
A
In response to CrankyInCLE (Susan).
Hahaha!!!
09:05 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Karen Dykstra
A
In response to Dr. Kate.
Just my thought but I would wait maybe two weeks. The notifications arent always lighting up and people might not know to go to their profile and click on followers to see if anyone was missed. There is so much to learn still.
05:37 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Shirley Lane
A
In response to Karen Dykstra.
Agree. Number of people following back at this time seems a bit irrelevant. I’m still trying to learn how to function here and betting that’s the majority at this time.
07:23 AM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}