Zeketayler
A
If you want people to suffer because “you turned out OK” you in fact did not turn out OK.

People don’t achieve things in life because of struggle, they do it despite the struggle.

Life is hard enough. Nobody should add to its burden.
Kaeliae @Kaeliae
Why do people who struggled feel other people need to struggle just bc they did. Shouldn’t we try to make things better for new generations? This mindset is prevalent everywhere: work, military, school, existence. We have the power to tax the rich and make life awesome for everyone.
02:40 PM - May 21, 2023
02:51 PM - May 21, 2023
Jelani Greenidge
A
In response to Zeketayler.
It doesn't mean I think people should have to struggle to earn a basic living or get their essential needs met. But as a creative person part of how I learned to get better at my craft was by struggling through seasons of difficulty and figuring out where I needed to improve.
06:35 PM - May 21, 2023
Zeketayler
A
In response to Jelani Greenidge.
Smooth seas don’t make good sailors. I agree that a challenge in life makes someone better at a job or emotionally fit.

I was focusing more on people who believe because they had school debt, poor wages, lack of insurance, etc, others should as well.
06:44 PM - May 21, 2023
Jelani Greenidge
A
Respectfully, I think this is only partially true, and heavily context dependent. I believe suffering can be redemptive in the right circumstances, and can help build character that helps people overcome long odds.
06:33 PM - May 21, 2023
Paula Beard
B
Exactly. Meanness is not a good character trait.
04:11 PM - May 21, 2023
DayDreamr
A
I think this mentality comes from the Haves resenting the Have-nots for any gains which aren’t socially acceptably “earned” through adequate suffering & struggle. The less deserving people are perceived, the more they are expected to struggle & suffer.
03:28 PM - May 21, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
Idiots forget that life is about minimizing struggle as much as possible, not living with struggle because you're supposed to.
03:14 PM - May 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}