⚛️Shawn Athan
A
That's "grown folks business"... so no. Hell... the kids were separated at family functions. We had the adults table and the kids table. The kids table wasn't even on the same floor. Also... "do not speak unless spoken to".
Alicia Kline @aliciareneekline
Growing up, did your parents share how much money they made with you? Or how much certain expenses like rent/mortgage, car loans, or groceries cost each month?
08:42 PM - May 21, 2023
09:08 PM - May 21, 2023
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
Not until I got paid work, then Dad sat me down & worked through what his cigarettes & alcohol had cost over his lifetime.
It was a shocking wake-up call.
I paid rent while living at home (which they gave as a gift on leaving home ... to show me how quickly that little bit of "saving" added up).
12:02 AM - May 22, 2023
Alicia Kline
A
The words were never said, not at least until after I was married and I had kids of my own. Then came the requests for money.
09:16 PM - May 21, 2023
Pamela
A
When I asked my dad why my allowance was only $5 week he broke down the household expenses and basically there was only $5 left for me. It could have been total lies for all know. My only memory of the breakdown was that his allocation for lunch seemed excessive. 🤔
09:12 PM - May 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}