Brendan Koerner
A
Too much great journalism slips through the cracks because it's published on lesser-known platforms. This story is a case in point: A rich and nuanced profile of a 25-year-old tribal chief who's using his scientific chops to protect his ancestral lands.
09:18 AM - May 23, 2023
Katie E
A
In response to Brendan Koerner.
Very good article... I felt like I was there.
09:03 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Say_it_straight
A
As someone else has already said, this is important on many levels. I've just started sharing it elsewhere too on other platforms. It can't be ignored.
04:42 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
you’re the guy who wrote that wired piece about how spoutible doesn’t give you that thrill you got from 1 tweet 15 or so years ago ago, right?
11:11 AM - Jun 07, 2023
Brendan Koerner
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
I am, indeed. Though I'd characterize my point slightly differently: I think it'll be tough, if not impossible, for any platform to replicate the spirit of early Twitter. That doesn't mean we're all fated to give up social media; we just might have to re-set our expectations and seek new joys.
12:16 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Paula Beard
B
This is a sad commentary on the unjust treatment of natives in coastal Louisiana. Their determination to help their people is so admirable.
01:50 PM - Jun 06, 2023
TwentyTwentyUSA
A
Canals backfilled with...dredged material...a cheap,
fast + effective way to rebuild wetlands. Those wetlands...would in turn provide habitat for the
seafood + game that make up the traditional Indigenous diet.

A game-changing solution... May the powers that be make it happen... Thx for sharing.
03:12 PM - May 23, 2023
Jean Donohue
A
This is so important on many levels. Thanks for posting.
11:43 AM - May 23, 2023
Joe Castle
A
Excellent public health reporting in conjunction with a nonprofit news organization. This sort of #journalism is crucial to #Democracy in any form. Local is powerful, as this story shows.

The Times and the Post might have the numbers, but the smaller stories have the soul. #LocalJournalism
10:09 AM - May 23, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
Thanks for posting this. Local journalism is the heartbeat of democracy. The local stories when well-told spark our desire for success for the people. Lifting each community up through story is critical to keeping democracy alive.
09:54 AM - May 23, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
I loved this story as heartbreaking as it is.. The fact, that the richest economy in the history of mankind was even made possible, b/c we, everyone who's not Indigenous, colonized & stole their lands to build this wealth & yet the Gov't still allows these tribes to live in squalor is shameful..
09:48 AM - May 23, 2023
Bev Turner
A
Thank you for sharing.
09:30 AM - May 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}