Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
thread 1/3
If you think racism is a device of only white people than you have not been paying attention. The circle of hate is also a rainbow. White racism is just the bright light that produces the prism.
11:52 AM - May 23, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
thread 2/3
Black people and hispanics are not besties. The upswing in asian hate violence is not perpetuated only by white people. I do not have a single POC friend that doesnt have some prejudice depending upon where they live and how they grew up. Animosity is universal.
12:04 PM - May 23, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
thread 3/3
Even within a single culture there is racism. My daughter in law is Costa Rican. She has dark skin for her family and even within the family unit she is treated differently and recognized for this difference.
The people of Rapa Nui fought in ancient times over having attached earlobes.
12:07 PM - May 23, 2023
Sarah Bee
A
I agree that people of every race hold discriminatory beliefs but racism is structural so truly is only within the purview of white people. I'm not saying all white people are racist per se but they benefit from structural racism.
In response to Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff.
12:34 PM - May 23, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
In response to Sarah Bee.
It is labelled as prejudice but the results are the same. Go to places without white people for context. It still persists.
01:25 PM - May 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}