Charles Payet
A
I’m not a Christian, but I agree 100%.

So many Americans like to claim the US is a “Christian nation,” but goddamn if they don’t do everything possible to NOT be that way.

(Not meaning @charlotteclymer of course)
Charlotte Clymer @charlotteclymer
This year, a 30-second Super Bowl ad costs $7 million.

The average K-12 public school lunch debt is about $22,600.

To Rev. Dr. Jacqui Lewis' point, the cost of that Jesus ad could pay off the lunch debt of 310 schools.

As Christians, we need to walk the walk. This ad isn't walking.
07:57 PM - Feb 12, 2023
08:14 PM - Feb 12, 2023
John Luttermoser
A
In response to Charles Payet.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ..."
12:39 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Kathleen Kern
A
Yay! You're here!
10:54 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Alexander Nevrmind
B
America is in no way a Christian nation, nor was it ever intended to be. In fact, it was explicitly designed NOT to be. Specifically.
11:19 PM - Feb 13, 2023 (Edited)
Charles Payet
A
In response to Alexander Nevrmind.
Absolutely. What’s terrifying right now, is that a majority of SCOTUS justices seem to neither know nor care about this.
05:32 PM - Feb 14, 2023
ejodee
A
It’s whatever.

Keep to your own bliss.
don’t buy off another’s enlightenment.
07:45 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Mask Wearing Amy
A
Well I am a Christian, Catholic to be specific...and it infuriates me that basic Christian values, Go sell what you have, give to the poor, and come follow me...is SO ignored by so many "Christians."
07:37 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Charles Payet
A
In response to Mask Wearing Amy.
I grew up Roman Catholic in a very Vatican II congregation, and I still have a lot of good memories of our church. Humble, focused on community & community service, giving, etc.

There are many good Christians, for sure, who embody the virtues taught by Jesus. Sadly, so many are the polar opposit
05:31 PM - Feb 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}