Paul Placzek
A
thread 1/6
I’m a 55 year old white male who has gone through a journey from conservative to progressive over the past 20 years or so. I’ve always followed politics closely mostly because I considered the dynamics and personalities involved fascinating. 1/3
11:07 AM - May 25, 2023
Paul Placzek
A
thread 2/6
The past 10 years has only increased my attention but I’m now finally trying to understand the intention of political activity. One of the things that bothers many progressives is the lack of aggression in fighting this current attack on rights, etc.. from the far-right.
11:10 AM - May 25, 2023
Paul Placzek
A
thread 3/6
The thought occurred to me earlier this week that Dems use a similar playbook at the Reps but it results in a less aggressive stance. The Reps are very outspoken about what we should fear and hammer it over and over in the media. Why don’t the Dems fight back when the argument is so clear?
11:12 AM - May 25, 2023
Paul Placzek
A
thread 4/6
It is so frustrating. What occurred to me is that they use this lack of response to create their own ongoing boogeyman and to vanquish it would leave them without an enemy during the next election cycle. Take the debt ceiling debate right now as an example.
11:14 AM - May 25, 2023
Paul Placzek
A
thread 5/6
They could have addressed this while they had control of both houses. Tim Kaine has even expressed regrets publicly. Instead, they kicked the can down the road knowing that the Reps would obstruct and give them a chance to play the Reps as the bad guys(which they are). They do this over and over.
11:17 AM - May 25, 2023
Paul Placzek
A
thread 6/6
Think about it. Voting rights, bodily autonomy… the list goes on and on. I’ll still vote for Dems mostly but it becomes more and more difficult to support they way they “manage” the politics of these issues.
11:18 AM - May 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}