⚛️Shawn Athan
A
thread 1/2
This whole student loan mess... its the one thing I agree with the Republicans on. You got the education. Pay for it. That's what you agreed to when you asked for the loan in the first place. This is the worst hill for the Democrats to die on.
12:10 PM - May 25, 2023 (Edited)
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
thread 2/2
Free public college is what we should be pushing for for future generations. Next you all will be asking for your mortgages to be relieved. Like... no.
12:12 PM - May 25, 2023
John Fegenbush
B
At least you own it. I think you'll find your opinions in the minority. What's wrong with compromising, and refinancing instead of forgiveness? If the bankruptcy laws hadn't been changed to favor the banksters I doubt we'd even be having this debate.
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
01:27 PM - May 25, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to John Fegenbush.
I don't give a flying fuck if my opinions are in the minority. What do you mean "I own it"? I mean what I say. Refinancing is not what is on the table. Forgiveness is on the table. Thats the problem.
01:29 PM - May 25, 2023
John Fegenbush
B
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
You own it is in reference to being a dick on this subject. Even though refinancing isn't currently on the table, it should be considered. As well as free public & community college. Compromise is how democracy is supposed to work. Neither side gets 100% of what they want.
01:33 PM - May 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}