Tanya Feke, MD
A
There's something so absolutely sick and twisted about a world that makes children afraid to read. My heart breaks. #bookbanning
08:58 AM - May 26, 2023
Andy Hawkins
A
In response to Tanya Feke, MD.
I don't know which is worse, the fear & distress caused because he brought his own books to school, or the fact that we have a society where other kids think the right thing to do is to snitch on someone who brought their own book to school. I'm pretty sure both these things are happening by design.
06:20 AM - Nov 20, 2023
Ind_Pens4
A
This needs to be in all the ads. Make them own the insanity!
09:12 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Elena
A
Sadly, I believe that's the goal.
They want poorly educated people they can manipulate and trigger into fear and compliance.
08:23 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Tanya Feke, MD
A
In response to Elena.
It's a travesty.
03:16 PM - Oct 17, 2023
Ind_Pens4
A
In response to Elena.
09:13 AM - Oct 18, 2023
Birdmischief
A
This is so horrible to do to anyone, especially children!

I'd cry out, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH US?!??", but the real question I have to ask is, "What can I do to help stop this?"
01:14 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Ortizmo 2000
A
I hope his life is nothing but pain and misery once he is humiliated and drops from the presidential race and then voted out of gubernatorial office. And hopefully there is still a piece of Skylab floating around up there with his name on it.
06:23 PM - Aug 23, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
12:24 PM - Aug 12, 2023
Love Miracles
B
Truly tragic.
How frustrating for this Mom!
How insane these policies!
02:23 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
Scared to read and having snitches turning kids in for having books
02:12 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Ground Control
A
That's where teaching them how to be brave becomes all the more important. Not fearless, mind, but being able to do what you can despite the fear.
04:32 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Yvette
A
No offense intended, but I honestly don’t know how anyone can stand to stay in Florida if you’re a Teacher. It must be so frustrating! DeSantis is EVIL PERSONIFIED. Has he done anything to HELP people in Florida? 😝🤷‍♀️☮️
04:27 PM - Jun 11, 2023
PS Annie
A
It's despicable.
12:22 AM - Jun 01, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
02:51 PM - May 26, 2023
Marlie (Confidential)
B
We are a country in trouble when our laws make our children react this way to books and reading. I am ashamed for this country. Flat out ashamed and embarrassed. We have to stop this now.
02:34 PM - May 26, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
The USA is not a free country, USA is not an exceptional country, USA is not a country any other should aspire to be like. This makes me furious and I don't live there, my child and grandchildren are all grown up and they all love reading and have always been able to read what they want.
12:40 PM - May 26, 2023
RedSqurrl
A
This should never be accepted, least of all in the United States of America! People need to recall that fascist prick!
12:28 PM - May 26, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to RedSqurrl.
We can't. There's no mechanism to recall the governor here. He will prolly try to get his term limit changed when he doesn't win the prez primary.

He's playing on Hitlers playbook even more than orange dude.
08:23 AM - Oct 17, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
After just reading editorial in the Chicago Tribune from some right-winger insisting that all of DeSantis' "ideas" should be enforced on Illinois because Florida is such a perfect paradise, I'm not in the mood for this.
11:58 AM - May 26, 2023
Tracy Gaulton
A
Thing is, that's the point: make the kids not want to read, make their parents not want to provide books in case they might get "in trouble" - they are systematically dumbing down society, and the attack on knowledge/thinking/education is almost won, especially in red states.
11:51 AM - May 26, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
This is not freedom. In a sane world every time DeSatan utters that word the media should bleep it out like they use to do with the seven dirty words that you couldn't say on the tube
11:43 AM - May 26, 2023
Breezy B
A
It is a sad state of affairs when a child in the first grade thinks they're going to get in trouble for trying to learn how to read and get an education because some adult has decided to be an ogre about what children learn. Time to vote this man out of Florida and clean up your state houses with th
11:25 AM - May 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}