Professor Kyle
A
thread 1/2
With much love to Canadian & European friends, sometimes I feel a sense of condescension toward the U.S. about "how bad things are" here re racism & bigotry. Please remember, those evils have no borders – they're equally strong anywhere & everywhere there are white people. Both historically & today.
12:37 PM - May 28, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
thread 2/2
And I'd list historical and current instances of white supremacist thinking in these regions to prove the point (maybe start with colonialism)...but if you're from there & they don't come to mind already, you need to take a deep look at your privilege and start learning.
12:53 PM - May 28, 2023
Sideeye Slant 🎨
A
When I was younger, I cld never hv envisioned how bad things wld get here today. I am heart-broken & angry abt how much this country has back-slid so quickly. I used 2wonder how Germany ended up w/Hitler. Now I know.
In response to PS Annie.
08:52 PM - May 28, 2023
Sideeye Slant 🎨
A
In response to Sideeye Slant 🎨.
This has bn bubbling under the surface not fully seen/understood for yrs, but Putin's troll farm & Trump weaponized social media & our freedom of speech 2infect & encourage the worst of the worst. If countries think this can't happen 2them, they nd 2think again.
08:54 PM - May 28, 2023
Sideeye Slant 🎨
A
In response to Sideeye Slant 🎨.
Pay attention cuz once it breaks the surface, it is almost too late. It's like an iceberg, the visible part is just the small part of it.
08:55 PM - May 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}