Martha Crawford
A
thread 1/5
I’m thinking about all the profound estrangements that have occurred since Spring 2020, driven by the pandemic

How many people either had to cut off from others, or how many people left others because they couldn’t/cant understand or withstand their response (or lack of response) to the pandemic
10:34 AM - May 29, 2023 (Edited)
Martha Crawford
A
thread 2/5
There are people who have been continually extremely cautious (usually the disabled and their family members) those who were fairly prudent for some longer or shorter period of time, those who were dissociated, confused and overwhelmed,
10:35 AM - May 29, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
thread 3/5
those who were aggressively dis- and mis- informed by systems that relished any chance to further divide the populace, those who simply deferred to what those around them did, and straight up committed deniers/antivax, varied forms and levels of cruelty and loss at every point on this continuum.
10:36 AM - May 29, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
thread 4/5
I think a lot of people have scabbed over these estrangements with anger and “Good riddance” but I think underneath there is extraordinary unacknowledged grief. Estrangements are a very challenging form of loss - and there have been so many in the past three years.
10:36 AM - May 29, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
thread 5/5
I wonder about creating a discussion or a space for people to mourn these severances - many of which created such profound injuries of trust that they are irreparable.

So many say "I can't unsee what I saw"
10:37 AM - May 29, 2023
a canadian reader
A
There is certainly grieving of the changed relationships. People I no longer keep track of because it was too stressful to see what they said or did and grieving the people who have changed so much because of the damaging echo chamber they ended up in. It continues and is sad.
In response to Martha Crawford.
11:57 AM - May 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}