suehalpernvt
A
About that ad for Jesus at the Superbowl:
07:21 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Courtney Kimmelman (she/her)
A
In response to suehalpernvt.
Another Right Wing Redneck Group who are hellbent on brainwashing as many people as possible.
04:08 PM - May 07, 2024
Orlando Fuentes
A
In response to Courtney Kimmelman (she/her).
That ad buy could have fed the hungry and helped the needy you the thing fake Christians say they are for on Sunday in the pews but we see who and what they really are.
04:15 PM - May 07, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
As a Jesus believer, I say “Ick!!” !! To those deceivers.
02:22 PM - Feb 21, 2024
Shell Sheddy
A
#antiChoice #antiLGBTQ and do NOT support #antiDiscrimination Laws....
06:24 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Susan Quilty
A
An imaginary friend can be reimagined to fit any purpose. Often it’s to get a kid out of trouble. This is no different.
12:26 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Charles B
A
Jesus is bigger than all of this and all of us:
Philippians 1:18, NIV: But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,
11:24 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Lover of Design
B
Yeah, the Hobby Lobby guy who gets his stuff from China where they restrict how many children you can have, yet they're against abortion and any birth control. No thank you!
09:57 AM - Feb 13, 2023
ljz
A
that ad was beyond awful.
it 'both sides' racists, misogynists, election deniers, traitorous insurrectionists. It's anything but Christian.
Also, the Signatry donates $$ to the ADF which is a hate group:
https://www.splcenter.org/...
09:56 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Kene Okpareke
A
It's a good message. Sure, its sponsors may be hypocrites, but we should be able to separate a message from the messenger.

As a Christian myself, I agree that Jesus really was a radical inclusionist in his day, and that's why I'm fairly progressive.
09:41 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Michigan History Dad
A
David Green?

The guy that smuggled over 5,500 antiquities out of Iraq over decades, got caught, and had to return them and pay a measly, to him, $3 million fine?

That David Green?

What would Jesus get about stealing someone else's cultural and historical artifacts?
09:06 AM - Feb 13, 2023
C.old N.ovember
A
I don't get spending 100.000.000 Dollars on an ad about how Jesus is great.
How many lives could have been changed for the better with that money! You know actual loving thy next, helping the needy.
08:03 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Carla Vivarttas
B
In response to C.old N.ovember.
Talibangelicals. They worship a different version of Jesus.
10:15 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
Say what you like about these ads? I thought they were beautifully done and I found them inspiring. I can like what someone has to say about their own faith without adopting their faith myself.
07:54 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Kellie Wallace
A
Thanks for the article. No surprise to see that Hobby Lobby asshole's name in there. Another reminder of why I left organized religion behind a long, long time ago. "kinder, gentler version of Christianity..." LoL
07:53 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Hobo Poet
A
In response to Kellie Wallace.
Kinder and gentler while they demonize children and strip women of the rights to their own bodies.
03:51 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Judy Fettner
A
Now I know exactly why these ads immediately made me uneasy well before the Super Bowl.

The ultimate gaslighting by a group who benefited mightily from the pain and exclusion of others.
07:51 AM - Feb 13, 2023
TD. Wllms
B
I noted on this subject.

but they......... don't get him.

if they did, they wouldn't waste 100 million trying to rebrand Jesus.

the most recognizable brand in history.

that's NOT SUPPOSED to be a brand.... but a GIFT.

the old idiom, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

never more appropriate
07:41 AM - Feb 13, 2023 (Edited)
Archie Leach
A
Yes. I too am curious about this hypocritical ad that told us to love our enemies with their feel-good soundtrack. Their xtian man-god preached this but they dont abide it. What business do they have telling me to love racists, misogynists, lgbtq-haters, nazis and other fascists?
07:37 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Maggie B. Black
A
You these jokes would lose their sh!t if some other religious group put up an ad.

To spend that much on an ad was wasteful considering they could have spent it on helping people in need.
07:34 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Michelle Has Time Today Schultz
A
Nothing David Green has his fingers in is good or "Christian." They can try to rehabilitate their image as much as they want with these ads but actions always outweigh words.

"When they show you who they are..."
07:30 AM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}