Toni J
A
thread 1/1
People moved in near me and immediately hung a giant American flag on the side of their barn. I was judgmental and assumed they were Trump fanatics -my mistake. I went by today and was so pleasantly surprised to see how they’ve combined the pride flag with the American flag for pride month🇺🇸🏳️‍🌈
05:11 PM - Jun 02, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Toni J.
how sad is it that our own country's flag has been co-opted and is now a sign of racism and fascism??

everyone I know is AFRAID to put out an american flag bc they don't want to be mistaken for MAGA assholes.
05:44 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Toni J
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
I know, it’s so sad! I have been flying ours more recently. I want to take back our flag!🇺🇸
06:04 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
I agree. It's sad. Not only are some afraid to be mistaken for maga, but the flag is so coopted and used by maga, that IMHO, some Americans actually have distain for it. They could not imagine a post in their yards or sticker on their car.
06:16 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Toni J.
It's cool your community is comfortable enough for them to display either flag quite frankly, but some, especially veterans, probably even gay veterans, will see this as improper. There are rules for managing the American flag and most unwittingly, break them. They should display both or just one.
05:24 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Toni J
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
I’m sure most people just don’t know all the rules. I never even thought about that even though we make such a point of following flag protocol. Thanks for the reminder.
06:01 PM - Jun 02, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Toni J.
Being judgmental to a giant American flag these days is totally understandable.
05:21 PM - Jun 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}