Professor Kyle
A
Do you feel like you're "spouting into the void?" The guy who wrote the Wired article on Spoutible does...& he's not alone. Sure, I have plenty of spouts that get little interaction. But most folks complaining about this have less than 200 spouts. You gotta talk & interact for anyone to listen.
10:47 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
Not a fan of the article.

It's annoying ppl keep saying a Social Media site isn't worthy unless you have celebrities in the mix.

Maybe other sites, but EVERYBODY has a chance to garner attention here.

That's @Spoutible 's superpower, IMO.

Perhaps their spouts weren't echo-worthy. Just saying!
In response to Professor Kyle.
10:16 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Higgins_tj
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
Celebrities probably bring advertising dollars, and Spoutible will need to make money at some point, but I do prefer the environment, here. Hope there's a way to keep the playing field level like this, and still make a profit.
12:16 AM - Jun 07, 2023
T Miller
A
In response to Higgins_tj.
I donate $5/month to Bot Sentinel in support of Spoutible. (If you don’t know who’s paying, you’re the product … I reckon this is a lot more idealistic a venture than that, but if we each gave what we could … )
01:50 AM - Jun 07, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Also, we do actually have quite a few celebrities, so it's kind of a moot point.
12:14 AM - Jun 07, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Hello- I’m watching Seinfeld right now: #jasonalexander 😉
04:41 AM - Jun 07, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
Yup. Quality of content & equal opportunity matter here.
11:00 PM - Jun 06, 2023
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Exactly!

More people might initially follow you if you're a "Name," but we all have the same opportunities to gain followers, even without name recognition, if you spout something people care about or like.
11:26 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Dianne Rees
A
Yup, I think Twitter started going downhill the minute klout became a thing vs actual engagement. And then there were apps that actually tried to quantify klout.
10:53 PM - Jun 06, 2023 (Edited)
A
In response to Dianne Rees.
Wasn't there even a thing called KLOUT?

I remember some of my co-workers were all about it for a while.

It rated you across all Social sites, etc., or is that what you meant?
11:23 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
Why are people so hung up on celebrities? Maybe they need to ask themselves that question. Why is not my brilliant and funny friend back east as important as some actor, singer, politician or journalist? Celebrities are just people. Pay attention to people who are not in the public eye.
10:43 PM - Jun 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}