Professor Kyle
A
Do you feel like you're "spouting into the void?" The guy who wrote the Wired article on Spoutible does...& he's not alone. Sure, I have plenty of spouts that get little interaction. But most folks complaining about this have less than 200 spouts. You gotta talk & interact for anyone to listen.
10:47 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Liz
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Part of it for me is that the system is so new, it’s difficult to navigate.
Waiting for the app. One thing I miss is being in touch w the news.. The bird site had that for me. I won’t go back now, though.
10:41 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
Not a fan of the article.

It's annoying ppl keep saying a Social Media site isn't worthy unless you have celebrities in the mix.

Maybe other sites, but EVERYBODY has a chance to garner attention here.

That's @Spoutible 's superpower, IMO.

Perhaps their spouts weren't echo-worthy. Just saying!
10:16 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
Also, we do actually have quite a few celebrities, so it's kind of a moot point.
12:14 AM - Jun 07, 2023
Higgins_tj
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
Celebrities probably bring advertising dollars, and Spoutible will need to make money at some point, but I do prefer the environment, here. Hope there's a way to keep the playing field level like this, and still make a profit.
12:16 AM - Jun 07, 2023
Chris McIntosh
A
I’m not particularly interested in who “listens” to me here, but we do need:

- mute functions (both accounts and words / terms / tags); to better control what the various feeds show us.

- ways to see popular content; so it doesn’t just disappear from our view.
10:05 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
Does he have a #bluecheck ?

#BooHoo
09:41 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Gavin Blair
A
100% agree.

Plus we should all (including the Wired person) remember how long it took to build a following on the other site. Expecting Spoutible to be Totally Twi**er in a few months (without an App yet) is a tad unreasonable.
05:57 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Gavin Blair.
Yeah, I was "tweeting into the void" for a long time before I found an audience/community.
05:58 PM - Jun 06, 2023

Only followers of this user (msmyrafaye) can see their posts

Alexander J. McKinley, QBE
A
I get more interaction on Spoutible than I do with my family.
More likes as well.
05:11 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Alexander J. McKinley, QBE.
😆 or maybe 😭 is more appropriate...
05:12 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
02:04 PM - Jun 06, 2023 (Edited)
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
If they have less than 200 Spouts why are they complaining?
Do they not know how Spoutible works?
01:59 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Dianne Rees
A
I just appreciate the community. The jokes are funnier here, The people more authentic.
01:39 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
In response to Dianne Rees.
I don't know what "authentic" means. Usually it is used to monitor and police. Perhaps the hate and disinformation is actually the default and more "authentic".
I like that there are no nazis and bots, though there are some things that get through. But cultivation is more fruitful here.
02:29 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Sylvan Swanson
A
I have more followers on Twitsaster than I do here, yet I get far more interaction here than I ever have on Twitsaster.

Full disclosure: as soon as there's a Spoutible mobile app, my Twitsaster account gets deleted.

#GoodRiddance
12:30 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Charlie Mel
A
In response to Sylvan Swanson.
I've been told if you delete your Swittter ACCT anyone can signup with your old handle, and write things you don't want want attributed to you. IDK, BUT l still have an acct, I just don't go there any more, just in case.
04:13 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Unknown Soldier
A
There is no algorithm to manufacture engagement.
12:28 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Unknown Soldier.
True, but when I started on Twitter I didn’t get much interaction either. You have to engage for it and build a community.
12:33 PM - Jun 06, 2023
C suzie
A
Have far more interaction here and there is a more positive vibe. I appreciate it .
12:28 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Traci Jewell
A
I feel more comfortable here and I think I interact more because of that.
12:26 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Traci Jewell.
This is it for me too. In that place, I rarely said anything because I was just not up for the backlash. On Spouitble, If I reply to someone I usually always get some engagement and many times a full conversation or as full as can be online, and I don't feel like I cannot say what I want to say.
12:50 PM - Jun 06, 2023
The Baroness
A
I really don’t care about interaction. I guess I don’t think my every word is something the world waits for with bated breath.
12:23 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to The Baroness.
Some days I just want to read stuff and think about it later, or look at art or puppies or have a laugh with my Canadian pals.
12:52 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Mr. Higgins Totally not an alien in a skin suit
A
I don’t feel that at all. To me Spoutible gives as good as it gets as far as interaction is concerned.
12:21 PM - Jun 06, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
I have spouts go into the void too, but almost *all* my tweets went there. Because I'm a small acct (both there and here) and the algorithm, hardly any of my followers saw my tweets. I have much more engagement here and I don't even spout/reply a whole lot. Does this person even engage on the 🐳?
12:18 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
I checked: they do not.
12:20 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Gino Gangai
A
Honestly, I couldn't get past the first paragraph of that article. It all just felt like someone looking for attention. I couldn't care less what that guy felt about when and why he doesn't like or does like something now.
12:11 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Gino Gangai.
That was literally the whole premise of the article. If it were in print, Spoutible wouldn’t have been mentioned till like page 3 or 54
12:18 PM - Jun 06, 2023 (Edited)
Natalie Borges
A
To be fair, I also felt like I was tweeting into the void too, and I was and am okay with that. I use social media to take in information from outside my little bubble at home while feeling like I really don't have much to say myself.
12:07 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Natalie Borges.
Right - it’s all in how you use it, and Twitter was basically the same.
12:12 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
I think the lack of an algorithm confuses new people. Here you have to actively seek out and follow people in order to have interaction. My first couple weeks here were pretty sparse, but I am close to 4000 that I follow and I try to add every time I am on the site.
11:51 AM - Jun 06, 2023
JayTuma1 (She/Her)
A
I get far more interactions on here than I ever did on the bird site.
Thanks everyone! 😊
11:19 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Dan Tansky
A
Truth. I plan to be here more.
11:18 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
Honestly speaking Twitter taught me to cherish the back and forth with actual friends over people who just want to be seen. I refuse to let spoutible become another dead bird app.
11:03 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
I’m not going to lie. I had amassed a fairly big following on Twitter (34k) before I was locked out in February of this year. I started a new account, but found Twitter had become totally toxic. With the exception of a few friends who have chosen not to leave everything I post on Twitter is attacked
12:08 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Traci Jewell
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
I've had more interaction here in a couple of months that years on Twitter. I feel comfortable spouting so I spout more.
12:15 PM - Jun 06, 2023
hal
A
I'm a small account and I have no ambition of growing but I have twice the followers and substantially more interaction here than on Twitter (and I was never frustrated by my footprint there).

I expect engagement with accounts like mine will decline as the user base grows, but I'm ok with that.
10:54 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to hal.
I hope not! That's what makes Spoutible great to me (Twitter too back in the day) – that anyone's voice can matter.
10:55 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter
A
that said — and I agree with you — what I’ve noticed is that the pace of “following” seems to have dropped off quite a bit in the last month

and I am pretty active in community (as you’ve prob registered)
10:52 AM - Jun 06, 2023
(laura) elsen
A
In response to Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter.
i agree, assume it's a natural lull. as an old head this seems to have happened a couple times. the influx of newbies has definitely slowed, though they still trickle in. perhaps the user base has hit a point of stagnation as it is and won't pick up again until app release?
11:05 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Diana Raabe
A
Precisely! People likely forget how long it took to build a following elsewhere - or anywhere.
10:48 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Diana Raabe.
Right. & this article ticked me off so I'm on a rampage...but the only "likes" the author has made are on responses to his own spouts. You can't be part of the community without engaging – and therefore you can't understand it enough to critique it.
10:51 AM - Jun 06, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}