Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 1/3
Dear "Spoutible is a liberal echo chamber" peeps, Spoutible, to me, is a HUMANIST group, not a political echo chamber--more than 'humans' it's a place for folks who believe in human rights, social justice/equity, animal rights, and protection of the one planet we all live on. We welcome diversity
10:40 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 2/3
of humanity and even of political thought as long as that thought isn't rooted in hurting others and white (male/cis/het/abled/fake (c)hristian) supremacy and fascism and destroying our democracy or our planet.
Humanism is not a bad or woke thing (see, e.g., Jesus (I'm an atheist, but I recognize
10:42 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
thread 3/3
that Jesus represents, to me, humanism, whatever the reality of his divinity)
10:43 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
In response to Mark Wilson, MD.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
04:51 PM - Jun 08, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
In response to Jasmine A..
Beats me. But my point is human rights/social justice/social equity/common sense approaches to planet crises--these shouldn't be left/right/centrist issues--they should be human issues. The politics should be about how to accomplish these basic human values/ideals. And if talking/writing/reading
05:49 PM - Jun 08, 2023
Only Love
A
Love this.
12:53 PM - Jun 08, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
People who are liberal are those who live in and understand physical reality and have compassion for other people. Why is that a bad thing? 🙂
10:44 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
That's what the cultish GOP has done to willing dupes--helped them paint themselves into a corner of anti-humanism and immorality. It's a shame.
10:46 AM - Jun 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}