HRBWolfe
A
When we call people evil bc their actions and words are wrong, dangerous, and antithetical to a peaceful prosperous society, we ignore the actual causes.

Trump should be prosecuted and put in prison. I won't call him evil because a devil didn't make him do those things. He wasn't born that way.
05:22 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
His horrible actions were a result of trauma, greed, and a system that permitted him and benefitted him in that behavior.

People are not born evil. That is how fascists think. That is how minorities are demonized.

Society allowed Trump to do those things. Let's change that.

2/
05:25 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
And we looked the other way (and *just* derided--or cheered--his oafishness) through ongoing misogyny, racism, etc.
05:43 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
I hear you. I challenge the use of "we." I think you will agree. Most of us did exactly what you say. Some of us did more.

But that is true for all progress. Most took the status quo that the earth is flat. Then Copernicus noticed the ship's sail is visible before the hull on the horizon.
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
05:51 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
What was the "more"? Electoral efforts? Whatever you're referring to would be a potential starting/continuing point. (I did--what little--I could to spread the word about #NPD --and its source--as I learned about it.)
06:23 PM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}