HRBWolfe
A
When we call people evil bc their actions and words are wrong, dangerous, and antithetical to a peaceful prosperous society, we ignore the actual causes.

Trump should be prosecuted and put in prison. I won't call him evil because a devil didn't make him do those things. He wasn't born that way.
05:22 PM - Feb 13, 2023
FrannieB Love
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
I agree with your whole thread. We need more likeminded people like you, who can look beyond the obvious and go deeper to see why things happen the way they do and then find solutions to correct them. This devil/evil talk is a total distraction and does not solve the problem.
07:12 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to FrannieB Love.
Thank you. Followed.
07:15 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
I respect your take on this. However, I do call him evil. We are all the culmination of our moment-by-moment choices. He (and many, many around him) have chosen against good, against caring, against responsiblity & against humanity every single time. It's an evil born of selfishness, ego and greed.
06:13 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to Mary Locker.
I understand why someone would use the term evil. I use it too. We agree on the rest.

My point is to not stop at the term but dive deeper.

Cheers.
06:17 PM - Feb 13, 2023 (Edited)
Penny
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
It is in his DNA, however. The Trumps are scum going back several generations. It's all he knows. His grandfather was banished from Bavaria for being a draft dodger, then ran a brothel in Alaska, making money from gold prospectors who paid him in nuggets which he then parlayed into buying property.
05:49 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to Penny.
I refuse to argue for Trump. But I will speak for humanity and science. That is not how DNA works. His family's horrible behavior is nurtured, not nature.

We cannot give in to the idea that people are inherent bad. The Nazis held those beliefs couched in race. I don't think you would agree w/ su
05:57 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
Cheers to that. Labeling is 'lazy'.
05:40 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Michael Allbritton
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
It could be argued that "a devil" did make him the way he is. If you read Mary Trump's book you can see that Fred Trump was real piece of assholio work. TFG is his father's son; the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; etc.
05:27 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to Michael Allbritton.
You can argue that. I would prefer to discuss policies on how to stop such behavior. I would prefer to see human beings and their behavior in light of the things we know to be true.

If there is evil, Trump is. But I want to focus on policies to prevent such actions from happening.
05:29 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
His horrible actions were a result of trauma, greed, and a system that permitted him and benefitted him in that behavior.

People are not born evil. That is how fascists think. That is how minorities are demonized.

Society allowed Trump to do those things. Let's change that.

2/
05:25 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
Let's address corruption, greed, trauma, mental health.

Perhaps their is a battle raging between good and evil supernatural entities. I refuse to argue policy on that possibility.
05:26 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
And we looked the other way (and *just* derided--or cheered--his oafishness) through ongoing misogyny, racism, etc.
05:43 PM - Feb 13, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}