Christopher Bouzy
A
I have never seen dog-piling on Spoutible. Can you point to a spout where this has happened?

I just checked your profile, and each of your spouts has engagement. So I am not entirely sure what level of engagement you are expecting. What is your Twitter account so I can compare?
Ed Lynch @goatburgler
Honest feedback isn't easy when every criticism gets dog piled by your fans. Engagement isn't great here compared to some other platforms and I'm putting a lot into it. Spouts get bounced around like a beach ball at a festival for a while, then disappear forever. Hard to build long term engagement.
08:44 AM - Jun 11, 2023
08:54 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Not every conversation can be sustained forever. The idea of "engagement" is a misnomer; when Twitter is feeding you content, that's not being "engaged," that's being bombarded. Spoutible is quieter, conversations are clearer, and therefore, perhaps, more easily digested and compartmentalized.
08:57 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
More importantly, there isn't a lot of "noise" in our conversations here. There aren't the waves of trolls, the hordes of spammers, etc. May it always be so, but when you pare these things out, of course it seems less rambunctious than Twitter. Spoutible is a library, a sanctum. Twitter is a rave.
In response to Nefarious Newt.
08:59 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
Just look at Biden's Twitter here as an example. A vast majority of the comments on his posts are from Trump cultists and right wing trolls. I see this a lot with other left oriented accounts as well.

https://twitter.com/POTUS
11:41 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Robert Fair
A
Twitter is more a shit storm than a rave. I like raves. Shit storms not so much.
09:52 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
and I’m here for it!
09:27 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
Another thing just occurred to me. On Twitter, you get the "Me, too!" effect, where people Tweet just to add a meaningless affirmative. I saw this on USENET when the Internet was first opened up to AOL. You got long threads with a lot of empty "Yeah!" kind of posts. I don't think that happens here.
09:15 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
I think in Spoutible, we get actual CONVERSATION, where maybe two or three people can talk about, argue about, debate a topic, and everyone else is there to listen and absorb, WITHOUT the need to add anything but context and counterpoint.
09:16 AM - Jun 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}