Christopher Bouzy
A
I have never seen dog-piling on Spoutible. Can you point to a spout where this has happened?

I just checked your profile, and each of your spouts has engagement. So I am not entirely sure what level of engagement you are expecting. What is your Twitter account so I can compare?
Ed Lynch @goatburgler
Honest feedback isn't easy when every criticism gets dog piled by your fans. Engagement isn't great here compared to some other platforms and I'm putting a lot into it. Spouts get bounced around like a beach ball at a festival for a while, then disappear forever. Hard to build long term engagement.
08:44 AM - Jun 11, 2023
08:54 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Autistic-led Advocacy in Canada
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
It's better for everyone's mental health not to have Twitter's 3-ring circus of platform-addicted accounts "engaging" endlessly w/everything they see.

Not having to check socials all day for trolls has freed up a lot of time for a lot of people doing important work. We are grateful for that.
01:18 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
Seems a lot of people tend to mistake others pointing out the flaws in their arguments for unfair dog piling.
11:36 AM - Jun 11, 2023 (Edited)

Only followers of this user (RetiredLibrarian) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (RetiredLibrarian) can see their posts

Ed Lynch
A
Short-term engagement is not a problem, it's fleeting. I deleted Twitter (same handle) after 14 years b/c I'd like to be all-in here. But whereas other networks feel like I am getting more than I put in, this seems opposite. Diminishing returns? I don't have the expertise to quantify these things.
08:59 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
It’s not a problem to echo your own post. That can help boost your engagement by having your post appear during different times of day (or night) when you will be seen by a different set of people.
10:14 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
https://spoutible.com/thre... Imma just leave this here for my experience.
11:24 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
Not every conversation can be sustained forever. The idea of "engagement" is a misnomer; when Twitter is feeding you content, that's not being "engaged," that's being bombarded. Spoutible is quieter, conversations are clearer, and therefore, perhaps, more easily digested and compartmentalized.
08:57 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
More importantly, there isn't a lot of "noise" in our conversations here. There aren't the waves of trolls, the hordes of spammers, etc. May it always be so, but when you pare these things out, of course it seems less rambunctious than Twitter. Spoutible is a library, a sanctum. Twitter is a rave.
08:59 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
This
09:26 AM - Jun 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}