Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 1/3
I find it odd how people can claim this meanwhile I have been getting likes, comments, and reposts here on Spoutible with far greater frequency than on Twitter. On top of the fact, I have already gained more followers here in 4 months than in the 9 years I have been on the bird site.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
In the Wired profile, Brendan Koerner wrote, "I often felt like I was spouting into the void." I decided to compare his recent spouts vs. tweets and only compared spouts I did not echo. So with only 570 followers on Spoutible, Brendan's engagement was similar to Twitter's, with 12,467 followers.
07:13 AM - Jun 11, 2023
11:14 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 2/3
And as an added bonus I am very close right now to surpassing the number of followers I have over on Tumblr. It's important to remember that unlike Twitter Spoutible isn't algorithm based so you kinda have to drive the engagement yourself.
11:22 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
thread 3/3
In fact this thread is right now serving as a perfect example of my point with how many likes and echos I have already managed to get already in the span of a few minutes.
11:53 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Steven Aufrecht
A
In response to Gabe Hoffman.
I think topic, tone, timing of spout etc matter. I get more responses on Alaska related topics on T than here.
02:35 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Al Gray
A
They must not like the idea of having to engage with the plebs.
01:24 PM - Jun 11, 2023
MeiMei
A
I think many want to gain the huge following numbers they gave in Twitter. Honestly, I like NOT being barraged with tweets I don’t really care for or from people I don’t follow. Here, I can go to my own timeline or the general one. Have that choice. I am just waiting for the app for ease of use
12:35 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Jason Bu_ ☕
A
Ditto, much more engagement here. So much so I’m not sure what to focus on so my post are all over the place, like my brain :-)
11:56 AM - Jun 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}