Christopher Bouzy
A
I have never seen dog-piling on Spoutible. Can you point to a spout where this has happened?

I just checked your profile, and each of your spouts has engagement. So I am not entirely sure what level of engagement you are expecting. What is your Twitter account so I can compare?
Ed Lynch @goatburgler
Honest feedback isn't easy when every criticism gets dog piled by your fans. Engagement isn't great here compared to some other platforms and I'm putting a lot into it. Spouts get bounced around like a beach ball at a festival for a while, then disappear forever. Hard to build long term engagement.
08:44 AM - Jun 11, 2023
08:54 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Short-term engagement is not a problem, it's fleeting. I deleted Twitter (same handle) after 14 years b/c I'd like to be all-in here. But whereas other networks feel like I am getting more than I put in, this seems opposite. Diminishing returns? I don't have the expertise to quantify these things.
08:59 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
I a lot of ways, it feels more like a chat room or old-school BBS bulletin board. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but - to me - feels outdated. This isn't a request to be more like Twitter, which seems to be what the binary-thinking replies are intimating.
In response to Ed Lynch.
09:06 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Jason Bu_ ☕
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
I feel like we are comparing apples to oranges though. In May Twitter had 8.4 Bil visits vs Spoutible's 13 Mil - it's going to take time to nurture. And we are only 6 months in. My experience here as a small-fry-nobody is the complete opposite. Interact and stroke your base. A yr from now 🌒😎
09:38 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
In response to Jason Bu_ ☕.
Agreed. Scale makes a huge difference. But minor tweaks like consolidating multiple likes for a spout to a single notification (30 people liked this spout) or notifications about echoes being engaged with will go a long way. To me. The only person I speak for.
09:42 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
Outdated? What’s the experience that you’re seeking?
09:26 AM - Jun 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}