Jeanne Gustafson
A
thread 1/2
If you start a #splashtag , please try to capitalize each word. It's an accessibility issue.
06:40 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Jeanne Gustafson
A
thread 2/2
As you can see, "#splashtag" is not capitalized in my post, even though I did. Whoever makes a tag first apparently sets the capitalization. This matters for people using screen readers, particularly if the tag is more than one word long. The capital replaces a space between words in a tag.
06:44 PM - Jun 11, 2023
PhiNight
A
In response to Jeanne Gustafson.
Thank you for this. Thing number one million and two I love about Spoutible is the way people here are happy to teach—and happy to learn—ways we can make being here work for everyone. 🥰
10:09 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Fern Lovebond (they/them)
A
Thank you for bringing this up! I find it very frustrating that I can tag something specifically considering screen readers & have it come out carelessly lacking caps bc the 1st person to use it failed to. IDK why the script auto-reverts it.

#HelpUncleJackOffTheHorse
#CapitalizeEveryWordInAHashtag
10:23 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Deborah Budd
A
I'm not familiar with screen readers. Do they automatically insert spaces before capital letters? (BTW, Spoutible allowing users to insert alt text on images is lovely).
06:56 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Rebecca
A
In response to Deborah Budd.
Yes, they treat capitalised letters as new words. When the hashtag isn’t capitalised, they read them as one long word.
07:16 PM - Jun 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}