Sacharitha Bowers
A
Not everyone will agree, but the US education system, IMO, really needs to rethink homework. The problems?
✅ it’s disastrous for kids w/ADHD
✅ it starts the cycle of work after hours
✅ it is nearly impossible to manage for dual career or single parent households
Either eliminate or reimagine
10:30 PM - Feb 13, 2023
KelliLu Who
A
In response to Sacharitha Bowers.
Yes! Agree! I don't bring my work home after work hours, my kiddo shouldn't have had to bring home work from school.
08:37 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Dıanna
A
In complete agreement, but especially in the younger grades. Pre-k kids & kindergarteners with homework makes me want to scream
08:31 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Rosetta
A
As a retired teacher I 100% agree. I never gave homework because I didn’t believe in it. Evenings are for enjoying family time. It’s not for ruining everyone’s evening with hours of frustration and anxiety after already spending an entire day at work - this goes for the child as well as the adult.
10:44 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Hobo Poet
A
100% agree. There's a mental health crisis and health crisis's happening simultaneously. We need to encourage children to find what they love: sports, leisure reading, art, games, etc... They are in school for 7-8 hours, if that's not enough time to finish, give them less work.
10:35 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Sacharitha Bowers
A
In response to Hobo Poet.
100% . School hours should be for learning of all types, and once they are off, they should be allowed to pursue their interests, rest, be with family, play, whatever. I would rather they were in school more year round and no homework. It would align better with today’s working parents.
10:48 PM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}