Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 1/7
A thread about my late husband Bob, one of my favorite topics.
He was the consummate observer, one of the things that made him such a fine photographer. He noticed things no one else saw. He could watch a sexy woman in an infinitesimal bikini sashay down a beach & remark how crooked her toes were.
01:21 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 2/7
Photography, he said, was his meditation practice. It was his way of celebrating the world around him, a world that despite all its ills & unfairness & strife was beautiful in its details.
01:38 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 3/7
He was intensely competitive as his fellow shooters would tell you. Adversity brought out the best in him. One year during the National Civilian Pistol Championship there were gale force winds at Camp Perry strong enough to suck targets out of their frames. That's the year he took it down.
01:46 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 4/7
He was a creature of intense empathy. He gave you such focused attention when you spoke you were the only person on the planet. That made him the world's sexiest listener. You'd fall into those piercing blue eyes as he read your soul & gave you permission to be your splendid, flawed, beautiful self.
01:57 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 5/7
He had built race cars when he was young & knew automobiles so intimately we once drove a full day through Montana while he described every system & part of a car so I'd understand them. I once heard him talk in his sleep for 45 minutes rebuilding an engine with race mechanic Jimmy Chai.
02:04 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 6/7
He read dictionaries & encyclopedias for fun. He had an immense, impossibly detailed memory, storing everything he'd ever seen or done or heard or read. He could tell you what shop was on the corner of a small French village we'd been to once 20 years ago & who was commemorated on the wall plaque.
02:10 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 7/7
Like many creative people he wrestled with depression & self-doubt & couldn't see how extraordinary he was. "How did you end up with me?" he'd ask & nothing I said about his imponderable excellence would register. I'd have to say "ahhh, you don't know what else is out there" & we'd laugh.
02:16 PM - Jun 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}