Rep. Ritchie Torres
A
3 people died and 5 injured in a devastating mass shooting this time at Michigan State University in East Lansing. My heart breaks for the MSU students, staff, and their families. 💔

The shooting happened hours before the 5th anniversary of the Parkland shooting.

When will enough be enough?
01:57 AM - Feb 14, 2023 (Edited)
ss m
A
In response to Rep. Ritchie Torres.
We happened to be in Florida visiting friends on the day of the Parkland shooting. Back in 1991, a person "went postal" in my home town in MI. Also, a neighbor one block away goaded his friend into pulling the trigger, for fun, killing him. No one is safe, this must stop!
02:26 PM - Feb 15, 2023
ss m
A
In response to ss m.
And I went to MSU. My heart aches for everyone there and their families & loved ones.
02:41 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Mask Wearing Amy
A
I spend a part of every Saturday and every Sunday in Highland Park, Illinois. There are still Highland Park Strong signs everywhere. The pain goes on and on. Something must change.
05:45 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Steve Herzfeld
A
We need an assault weapons ban.
We need to win back the House, keep the White House, & keep the Senate, Then, common sense gun violence legislation is likely to be passed.
Also, there are a ton of benefits to Democratic leadership, included job growth.
05:31 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Zanetta_Inc
A
It's INFURIATING
05:31 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Helie Lap
A
Mr.Torres, it is extremely sad to see what's been happening in the USA. I think many people in Power would gain to read "Common Sense in the Second Amendment " by Margie Burns (Universitas Press)
03:40 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Bobby Bonds
B
Never because most Americans don’t care enough about it to actually allow it to dictate their politics. Gun violence has become another political issue good for fundraising and self righteousness so as long as we can do that the bodies will keep piling up.
03:23 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Devon Ellington
A
As long as Republicans can line their pockets with NRA $$, they will never make a move to stop it.
03:14 PM - Feb 14, 2023
George Carlin Was Right
A
Never, Republicans love this stuff and openly encourage more of it. They love guns above people by a long mile.
09:38 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Ellen Mahoney
A
None of us are truly safe when guns are readily available. We go about our day as if nothing is wrong, but something is very wrong.
08:49 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Ben Burch
A
Until it hits them directly, Republicans will never care.
08:24 AM - Feb 14, 2023
MegHarryLove
A
😭
06:09 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Beth Cordova
A
💔💔💔
03:07 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Max Prophet
A
The states with the strictest gun control laws still have some of the worst shootings. So I fail to understand how punishing law abiding gun owners with further gun restrictions will make people safer.
02:41 AM - Feb 14, 2023
John Willis
B
In response to Max Prophet.
Red state guns commit blue state crimes...
Not all, but it's a significant factor...
11:18 AM - Feb 14, 2023
crystalsloth
A
In response to Max Prophet.
So what’s your solution?

Because yours is a tired statement.
02:52 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Debbie Nelson
A
There will never be enough until a prominent Republican's child or close relative, or they themselves gets killed. The only other way we can ever fix this is if we have a full Dem Congress w/ Dem president.
02:30 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Debbie Nelson.
If you think the deaths of their own families would stop them, you have more confidence in their humanity than I.
02:34 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
Jennifer Guttenberg had a very good point on the #birdapp tonight - that we should STOP calling them ANNIVERSARIES because that indicates a CELEBRATION.
I support her sentiments about it. So perhaps I'll start using the term MEMORIAL instead.
#ParklandMemorial
02:15 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Y C Williams
A
I no longer believe we will ever reach that line because it doesn't seem to exist for many of the people currently in office with the power to make that change. We need to vote them out.
02:02 AM - Feb 14, 2023
Corby Wyn
A
This says it best, doesn't it?
Corby Wyn
A
In response to Corby Wyn.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}