Mary OContrary
A
7 yrs ago, I made a cross country road trip to California from Northern Virginia. In the weeks preceding the trip, I kept seeing rainbow colored clouds in the sky. Had never seen them before.

During the trip, I would swear they were following me. This shot was taken at a stop at the Grand Cnyn.
11:35 PM - Jun 13, 2023
Connie Love
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Similar for me. Back in 99' I drove from the Northern neck of Virginia across the country up to Vancouver British Columbia. Made several stops along the way. Devil's Mountain, Battle of Little Bighorn Monument, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore and more. It was such an amazing trip.
05:19 PM - Jun 14, 2023 (Edited)
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Connie Love.
So you took the northern route across the US. I've taken the central and southern routes, plus a W/PNW loop thru CA, OR, WA, MT, WY, CO, UT, AZ and back to CA. Yellowstone was our favorite stop. Have always wanted to see Devil's Mtn, MT Rushmore and Vancouver. Still lots on my bucket list!
05:26 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Harry Kaufman
A
AS a Kid, Geeez many moons ago, father was still in Service, we the family while flying from country to country, 12 in all, flew threw rainbows, dust actually in clouds or brown coloration ,what appeared to be a face in some clouds..
02:02 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Harry Kaufman.
That would be an incredible experience, and even more so for a kid. So wonderful that you held on to those memories.
02:07 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
No greater education than travel. I always wonder, if I visit X and see Y happening, if that's something that is common or if it just happened the one time I was there. Were those color bursts following you, or just right place, right time? Literally wonderful. Full of wonder.
09:17 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
I love travel and esp love road trips. To answer your question, it wasn't all one cloud but a series of rainbow clouds that kept showing up in various places. I had never seen one before in my life, so it was a bit surreal to suddenly see multiple of them across different states within a short time
01:50 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Sitara 68
A
Lovely story. I want to believe it followed you.
09:15 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Jeff Mistina 🐻
A
What a great story (and pic)
11:46 PM - Jun 13, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Jeff Mistina 🐻.
Thanks. The whole trip was an unbelievable adventure. So many memories made.
11:52 PM - Jun 13, 2023
Tom G. Hughes
A
😯
11:38 PM - Jun 13, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Tom G. Hughes.
That was my expression the first time I saw one.
11:52 PM - Jun 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}